Homebrew @ Mawson Station Antarctica

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they have it under control down there.

I suppose they have no problems lagering their beers! :lol:

HC

no problems doing it down there at all. Had a mate that went down. All kits though.

I know someone who went. They all learn the basics of homebrewing. Do a brewery tour before they go, etc.

Must keep the bottles in a warm place for carbonation :huh:

Must keep the bottles in a warm place for carbonation :huh:

090127090728_large.jpg

they have trained the locals to do it screwy :D

for the love of god and beer send them some kegs! all those bottles taking up room, etc. kegs would have been cheaper to transport.

for the love of god and beer send them some kegs! all those bottles taking up room, etc. kegs would have been cheaper to transport.

More importantly send them a link to the "move to all grain for ten bucks" thread.

Scientists drinking kit beer :rolleyes: at least they have the million + year old pure water sorted...

i dont't know about the kit beer thing, there is some big kettles in the back ground
maybe extract

im guessing kit by the description of the beers they are making. remember transport is at a premuim price so kits would be less expensive to ship over rather than extract or grain.

I wonder if penguins would like spent grain.....save them a lot of bloody fishing time.

You can see the tins in the background in one of the photos.
well spoted Mants. as well as the giant coopers sticker in another photo.

completely OT and I DONT want to start an argument but I dont recon the heating should not be that high that they are getting round in shorts. dress more appropriately and bring down the temp so as to be more energy efficient. then maybe they'd have more money for pay for kegs and grain! at least they arent stuck doing just lagers.

edit - damn you wind! generate them power for their brewing and internet conections so they can log onto AHB! (link - at the time of the post the wind turbines are spinning slowly and generating no power)

I agree shorts should be out of the equation in Antartica, so surely they can scrounge enough power to get a 2200w element going for a few hours.

Back