Home brewers:- A trustworthy bunch.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Shit man… that's a pretty harsh sort of self analysis, especially how I understand those terms!!

Its my experience that you fit neither of those..
I thought he was just saying he's a footscray supporter who umpires :)

i have got a few things from members here and been in a few bulk buys and everyone i have dealt with there's been no issues,and also those i have personally met :super: ;)

I reverb and chorus mode what has been said. Many goods before payment and even free offerings by people or businesses who I had previously not dealt with. It's good to be a trustworthy community as it means we benefit from being trusted when we may need a chance. I needed something super quick for a brew weekend not long ago and had no way to pay by any methods that would've cleared payment in time, so the goods were forwarded outside normal practice. Just adding one more example to the list above. Makes me want to dust off my lute and sit around a fire a tavern far away and get merry singing songs about adventures and the good old days where someone knocking on your door didn't make you hope you've locked it or that you had gotten around to putting that no hawkers sign up, but an opportunity to share some food and hospitality.

iralosavic said:
I reverb and chorus mode what has been said. Many goods before payment and even free offerings by people or businesses who I had previously not dealt with. It's good to be a trustworthy community as it means we benefit from being trusted when we may need a chance. I needed something super quick for a brew weekend not long ago and had no way to pay by any methods that would've cleared payment in time, so the goods were forwarded outside normal practice. Just adding one more example to the list above. Makes me want to dust off my lute and sit around a fire a tavern far away and get merry singing songs about adventures and the good old days where someone knocking on your door didn't make you hope you've locked it or that you had gotten around to putting that no hawkers sign up, but an opportunity to share some food and hospitality.
I just love the fact you have a lute :D

Yob said:
Shit man… that's a pretty harsh sort of self analysis, especially how I understand those terms!!

Its my experience that you fit neither of those..
...was just trying to provide some contrast....

iralosavic said:
I just love the fact that your drunk right now, as am I. Lol

Same here. Both with a bulk buy and a retailer sending me stuff before payment only last week (and a fair bit of freebies before becoming a retailer and even after becoming a retailer).

Add in local brewers lending or giving equipment and grain when I got to Tassie - this is a very supportive community.

Damn we're a nice bunch of fekers aren't we.

I responded to a Gumtree ad selling Grolsch (sp) bottles. I turned up there with the cash for the bottles only to end up with more bottles, 50 caps, a capping machine and a cider kit at no cost.

When the fellow found out I was just starting out his generosity increased tenfold. When I finally produce a half good cider he'll find some bottles on his front porch as thanks.

Homebrewers are the best kind of people.

Back