Home Alone... The House Becomes A Brewery!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Reaction score
Knocked off work early this arvo and swung by the LHBS to pick up some supplies (last chance for me to brew before Christmas!).

Did my first partial a few weeks ago, and the keg is almot empty, so I figured it was time for some more.

Tonight I will be mashing 2150g of Pilsner, 200g Flaked barley, and 150g of Cara Pils, and then making up the rest with a tin of Thomas Coopers Selection Pilsner.

If I finish that in time, I will be doing a Munich Lager ... 1850g Pilsner, 500g Munich, & 150g of Carapils, and when I was at the LHBS I randomly selected a tin of Mangrove Jacks Munich Lager.

:beer:

Gotta love it when the mrs isn't home and you get to put down a few brews. Music blaring, having a few brews while brewing. Life is good.

Music blaring?!?!? How did you know? LOL!

Actually having my own "Couldnt make it to the U2 Concert" party here tonight :p

So I was off to a good start when I finished posting my last post I found that I had heated my water to 70 degrees ... had to let it stand for a while till it was back down to 65... then I went to get a beer & my keg poured half a glass of cloudy beer & then gas! Oh well, just as wel lI have some extra strong (flavoured) bottled beer to blend with my rather bland extract beer that I still have in the other keg.

So here are some progress photos, courtesy of my Webcam(tm) as the batteries are dead in the camera..

Getting ready, grain, beer, plain salted corn chips ... CHECK!
2010_12_14_20_31_40.859.jpg

Who said BIAB had to be neat and tidy?
2010_12_14_20_33_43.775.jpg

The mostest highest tech Mash Tun!
2010_12_14_20_35_52.205.jpg

Attachments

• 2010_12_14_20_31_40.859.jpg
    2010_12_14_20_31_40.859.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 16
Gotta love it when the mrs isn't home and you get to put down a few brews. Music blaring, having a few brews while brewing. Life is good.

Do this every Brew Day !
Got Utube bopping out my laptop external speakers..

My post meant nothing once post i responded to disapeared, so it's gone too.
Hope the brew turned out alright RobH

Only had time to do the Pilsner last night ... finished cleaning up at about 1am & put the fermenter down in the high tech frozen PET bottle powered fridge... must remember to swap them out each morning & arvo now :)

I think a temp conreolled fridge is on the books for 2011.

Sounds like fun, I like a good night alone with some beers & tunes.

I'm in the market for a fridge and thermostat myself at the moment, a wet t-shirt and fan just isn't doing it for this batch

Latest posts

Back