Holgate Brewery, Flat Beer,poor Barstaff,slap Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really do hate holgate. one of my favourite beers is the nut brown and the mongrels didnt see fit to bottle any,bloody unfair if you ask me. now do i get a free pint?

If I swear lots can we close this thread.
Here I go....
Alcohol free days, abstenance, tea totteler, braumeister lol, vb is great etc etc.

Close tge thread.

I have to add my 2c typo this thread,

right or wrong on service / pruduct quality your first poort of call is to have the decency to allow the company to redeen itself in private before a public airing. to err is human to forgive devine.

This thread primarily raises the ongoing issue of oversight, of the lack of supervision of both courtesy & defamation.
Time afer time on AHB there are comments that are deeply abusive, insulting and offensive that to the vast majority of online forums would result in either temporary or permanent hiatus, the swear word in my signatiure is taken with poetic licence before I get a side swipe. A bit of respect is in order IMO, there are ways & means of addressing problems & an internet rant is by far an extreme avenue, questionably harsher than a court action. I'm not taking sides on this issue, just saying the Mods need to start getting the website in order & start monitoring the threads. You are not just talking to your buddy at a bbq here you are talking to the entire world.

couldn't have said it better mate, very good points, most companies I've ever raised issues with that were valid were always resolved.

If I swear lots can we close this thread.
Here I go....
Alcohol free days, abstenance, tea totteler, braumeister lol, vb is great etc etc.

Close tge thread.

you are an fcuking ucnt. How dare you say VB is great. Its not even owned by an Australian Company

Presumably Holgate is a group of Aussie brewers?

Ian doesn't sound Chinese or Indian.

The beers would obviously cheaper if they were and the service then.....well....bloody aussie dickhead

well the only way the threadstarter can get over it is to continuously drink VB or something similar
that way, it is consistently bad so he ain't got nothing to swear about no more.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I have to add my 2c typo this thread,

right or wrong on service / pruduct quality your first poort of call is to have the decency to allow the company to redeen itself in private before a public airing. to err is human to forgive devine.

This thread primarily raises the ongoing issue of oversight, of the lack of supervision of both courtesy & defamation.
Time afer time on AHB there are comments that are deeply abusive, insulting and offensive that to the vast majority of online forums would result in either temporary or permanent hiatus, the swear word in my signatiure is taken with poetic licence before I get a side swipe. A bit of respect is in order IMO, there are ways & means of addressing problems & an internet rant is by far an extreme avenue, questionably harsher than a court action. I'm not taking sides on this issue, just saying the Mods need to start getting the website in order & start monitoring the threads. You are not just talking to your buddy at a bbq here you are talking to the entire world.
Ok. But the OP has informally addressed the problem to the immediate representitive of the company being the bar staff, this was met with arrogance and rejected as an uninformed complaint. The OP then decided to make it more public and was once again met with arrogance from the manufacturer and rejected because all the other kegs at another venue were fine and recieved positive feedback. Not once has the company representative said they would look into as to why these beers were flat and missing the character that have been identified in other kegs from the same batch. I have had bad bottles from craft breweries and I am sure that it should not be disregarded that it is possible that a bad keg could be served and the same goes for a flat keg being served.
I am not taking sides at all and the OP could be a brewer with a bad pallette but they could also be a great judge of a beer in this style, they could also just be a client that was treated badly by bar staff and gives the company a spray because of this.
Really the brewer may be passionate but should be able to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner and could of sent a PM to the OP and addressed this matter better. IMO this company does not want constructive feedback on their product and service, they only want positive and praise and this will not help a company grow!
Maybe they should contact the Murrays staff and see how to deal best with complaints.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back