Holgate Brewery, Flat Beer,poor Barstaff,slap Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the Belgian Blonde made it into bottles?
Each forum member who has posted in the thread should be sent a case, so we can get to the bottom of this whole debacle.

don't we all have a bad day now and then.for people that work in a customer service area,they tend to get the most abuse from people that the product/service is not to their liking.Ian has aplogized let's move on..

Just my opinion, but isn't this what we want? A local brewer who is passionate about his beer, and who is good enough to even respond to criticism. Not everyone is going to like a product, but I suppose you can only try to please the majority of people.

I agree. If anything this thread has made me want to go to this venue and drink their beers. I love the way it was handled.

I've seen really fair criticisms directed at businesses in the past and the businesses just go CRAZY at the customer, when the customer was being articulate and just giving fairly dispassionate feedback. That isn't what's happened here. Consumers have it in their heads that they're always right. **** that, they're most likely wrong and dumb. The way this was handled was awesome I reckon.

since this thread is pretty much dead/concluded but people seem to keep posting, im taking this to mean that the purpose is to continue bumping the words 'holgate' in latest threads so its imprinted into our brains at a subconcience level and we all go there to drink. you know that addage, all publicity is good publicity....

so, bump.....

oh and PS on a completely unrelated topic (b/c this thread is now derailed). when i was making my wit last week, all i could think of was the holgate white ale. yum

I'm only posting in this thread incase we all do get sent some beer

oh and PS on a completely unrelated topic (b/c this thread is now derailed). when i was making my wit last week, all i could think of was the holgate white ale. yum

... and while I was bumping uglies with SWMBO, all i could think of was blending some of the nut brown ale with temptress. Mmm.. delicious lady boy. Wait, what? :p

... and while I was bumping uglies with SWMBO, all i could think of was blending some of the nut brown ale with temptress. Mmm.. delicious lady boy. Wait, what? :p
damn u 4* I just spat my water out laughing at that. you can talk about your ladyboy experiment at the next club meeting

edit: now ian if holgate make a ladyboy beer remeber where you got the name and idea from and send a couple kegs 4*'s way. which we will then decent upon his place and drink merrily.

Regardless of any sarcasm in Ian's initial response, it won't stop be buying drink and promoting their beers to friends because I enjoy them.

If someone is going to come in here and start throwing shit around like the initial post, expect it to get thrown back, it is the internetz after all.

I'm only posting in this thread incase we all do get sent some beer

Me too!

I see a few QLDs have posted, maybe they could just put a free keg of this (possibly) flat beer (without the whatever yeast characteristics it's supposed to have) on at Archive?

I'm in.

I'll have a free pint or two of the shithouse Belgian Blonde but only if its served by the indifferent fukwit.

Love the joint, great food too! Hospitality is a ruff slog sometimes especially dealing with snooty customers who think they are better than the chefs/staff/brewers, ahhh go Ian.

Ill take some ESB thanks

I'll have a free pint or two of the shithouse Belgian Blonde but only if its served by the indifferent fukwit.

Man, seriously, barkeeps get it so ruff. With that kind of attitude your just one more obnoxious prick in sea of faces. I say be nice to them even when theyre not to you.

I have to add my 2c typo this thread,

right or wrong on service / pruduct quality your first poort of call is to have the decency to allow the company to redeen itself in private before a public airing. to err is human to forgive devine.

This thread primarily raises the ongoing issue of oversight, of the lack of supervision of both courtesy & defamation.
Time afer time on AHB there are comments that are deeply abusive, insulting and offensive that to the vast majority of online forums would result in either temporary or permanent hiatus, the swear word in my signatiure is taken with poetic licence before I get a side swipe. A bit of respect is in order IMO, there are ways & means of addressing problems & an internet rant is by far an extreme avenue, questionably harsher than a court action. I'm not taking sides on this issue, just saying the Mods need to start getting the website in order & start monitoring the threads. You are not just talking to your buddy at a bbq here you are talking to the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back