Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate - I really want to discuss points and counterpoints and avoid hyperbole or playing man, not ball but your argument is so weak, I'm not sure where to go.
Feeling comfortable having a conversation with stranger is not a civil right under any definition.
In regards to having a conversation (whether comfortable or not) - well under current laws you can. And you can do it wearing a veil.[/

If you were formally enslaved I'd say walking down the street and having a free conversation with whoever you choose without masking your identity is definitely a civil liberty.

manticle said:
Your feelings and opions are yours but they still may be ill informed or based on falsehoods.
Apples and oranges.
Is it a falsehood that communication is far better when you can see the person you are talking to?

What?

Did you just escape from Africa in 1748?

If you just escaped from Iran or Iraq or Syria and were accepted in a new society, it's a civil liberty to be able to walk down the street, wearing your culturally relevant garments.

Maybe you need to try talking to someone with a veil. I have. It's not so bad.

good4whatAlesU said:
Is it a falsehood that communication is far better when you can see the person you are talking to?
Like on the phone or in an email?

Or in a culture that isn't yours?

good4whatAlesU said:
Slavery occurs in 2017, in some places.
Don't take for granted your civil liberties.
Um.. I know. Not sure that adds much to your right to be comfy talking to strangers.

So you have changed your mind what a civil liberty is then?

And you acknowledge the actions of good men and women who stood up for them to be upheld?

Not sure when I changed my mind.

Pretty sure nothing I've written suggested that though.

good4whatAlesU said:
No.
Face to face. Person to person. Old school.
I think you missed my point. There are numerous examples where facial recognition/visualisation is irrelevant to good communication.

There are numerous examples where face recognition is key to good communication.

And?

The question you've yet to answer is does that give you the right to tell someone what they can or can't wear under national law?

good4whatAlesU said:
I think I get where you're coming from, in a round about way.

Here is the truly heroic Benazir Bhutto. Twice prime minister of muslim majority Pakistan, until assassinated by al queda cowards.
Would she have been such an effective communicator from behind a burka? Its doubtful. And theres not one prominent muslim woman leader who wears one. Not one.

1cc7860362d2539904a8ec3ea8ed2a36.jpg

good4whatAlesU said:
If you were formally enslaved I'd say walking down the street and having a free conversation with whoever you choose without masking your identity is definitely a civil liberty.
I went checking, but doesnt seem 'walking down the street having a conversation with whoever you choose' is even on the list...
http://www.cla.asn.au/News/cla-policies/

(
and thats from some nutters :) )

Dave70 said:
I think I get where you're coming from, in a round about way.

Here is the truly heroic Benazir Bhutto. Twice prime minister of muslim majority Pakistan, until assassinated by al queda cowards.
Would she have been such an effective communicator from behind a burka? Its doubtful. And theres not one prominent muslim woman leader who wears one. Not one.

1cc7860362d2539904a8ec3ea8ed2a36.jpg
And she chose not to rather than being forced not to, yes?

Back