High Pressure Burner Or 3 Ring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took it back to the shop and the guy was a bit puzzled as-well. We played around with the fitting a bit and I think it is working how it should be. I have not actually used it for a brew yet.
I'm not over impressed with the burner so I'm going to do a test to see which one is the quickest to heat. I only really wanted the high pressure regulator anyway, So if the reg. works better on the 3 ring I might just go with that.
I would be interested to hear if anyone is using the HP reg. with a 3 ring.

So that is where I stand.

Sorry I haven't read this thread until now Bigfella, but that burner setup is the one I've been talking about being available down here. It's the same as the king kookers that the guys in the states use.

One of my mates is using one and it cranks. He made his own hp regulator out of an acetylene regulator I think. But his works fine from what I remember. It is possible that your just getting too much gas through and it's causing it to choof. Try lowering the reg pressure right back and closing the air hole, you should get a dirty great big yelow flame, then try opening up the air slowly until you get a good clean blue flame. Then play about with reg settings and pressure. I'm sure this is what you have done, but does it make any difference if the burner is hot or if it is placed under the kettle?

I'll try and find out a bit more info on how my mate runs his.

I'm thinking about a hp reg for my three ring now. Hmmmm. Might have to get one.

JD

Bigfella,
For what it's worth my four ring burner burns a lot more even flame through the regulator than the three ring one does. I know you have got your burners but for anyone thinking of buying a three ring or four ring, I would go for the four ring as they are not much extra to buy and mine seems to be a lot better.
Cheers

Big Beer Belly said:
Bigfella,
For what it's worth my four ring burner burns a lot more even flame through the regulator than the three ring one does. I know you have got your burners but for anyone thinking of buying a three ring or four ring, I would go for the four ring as they are not much extra to buy and mine seems to be a lot better.
Cheers
Is that with a HP Reg.

Bigfella, I use a three ring burner without a HP regulator and can still manage to get a rolling boil from the end of the sparge in 20-30 minutes. My boiler however is a barrel shaped keg and the keg sits nicely on the burner.

C&B
TDA

I use a 3 ring burner with lp reg on a 50L sankey and get a good boil in about that time. I'm always looking to cut down the brewing time so if a hp reg can cut 10 mins off the boil then I'd be happy with that. Plus sometimes when I add my chiller (@20mins to go) it takes the kettle off the boil for a bit longer than I'd like.

here, here justin
i have the same situation/problem with my setup.
going to order a CFC kit from goliaths

cheers
crackers

Yes Bigfella that is with th HP reg.
The three ring worked just as well with the LP reg as it does with the HP reg.
The four ring is MUCH better with the HP reg.
I hope that is not too confusing!
Cheers

Back