Hi Guys Thanks for having me here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smotgon

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to beer brewing & have got close to zero knowledge in fact last time I attempt to brew beer there where explosions going on in our laundry late at night and never went back. I'm back for another go though and found this site on my searches....just wish there was easy accessible info online when I first started out 25 years ago.

Welcome Smotgon, plenty of info and help here and we are a friendly mob. What do you plan to brew? Bottle or keg? Styles of beers you enjoy?

Welcome Smotgon, plenty of info and help here and we are a friendly mob. What do you plan to brew? Bottle or keg? Styles of beers you enjoy?
Thanks Grott id be happy with anything I can drink as a start mate. something along the lines of super dry or new would be awesome!
I have a still and make a lot of hard liquor so am up to speed with sterilization and temperature maintenance and brewing my own beer would be icing on the cake.

Get rid of the still and enjoy drinking beautifull tasty beer mate.
I sold my 80 litre reflux still plus all the shit that went with it a couple of years ago and got into kegging with my kit brews and am loving life without spirits. Like durries but.

Get rid of the still and enjoy drinking beautifull tasty beer mate.
I sold my 80 litre reflux still plus all the shit that went with it a couple of years ago and got into kegging with my kit brews and am loving life without spirits. Like durries but.
Haha you are probably right mate I will defo get rid of her if a can get a grasp on beer making, My wife and I prefer beer over spirt any day of the week! so Keg brewing is king? I have a few 50ltr kegs laying around here and it would save me buying more brewing gear....

Hi I'm new to beer brewing & have got close to zero knowledge in fact last time I attempt to brew beer there where explosions going on in our laundry late at night and never went back. I'm back for another go though and found this site on my searches....just wish there was easy accessible info online when I first started out 25 years ago.
Welcome mate. Enjoy it all hey - no explosions these days ;-)

Hello, Smotgon! Welcome to the community. You'll definitely love it here. So many tips and stories! Enjoy and have fun! :)

no explosions these days ;-)
Thanks mate and lets hope not :)
Hello, Smotgon! Welcome to the community. You'll definitely love it here. So many tips and stories! Enjoy and have fun! :)
Thanks Titatata I'm sure this forum will get me making beautiful cold amber in no time mate :bigcheers:
Ha ha ha ha! You just made my morning!

Welcome, hope all goes well venturing into beer brewing.
Thanks Tony & lol wishful thinking I know I know :D

Latest posts

Back