Hi From Caboolture Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaone

Reaction score
Hi guys :beer:

There doesn't seam to be any introductory (sorry if I spelled introductory wrong....I'm drunk) forum topic, so I thought I'd through it in here.

Move it if you mods feel the need ;) .

I have been home brewing (CAN & KILO) for 20 years or so and been a member here for quite some time but only ever looked in once every few months or so. At one stage I hadn't been here for so long I forgot my username and password and had to email admin to get shit sorted out so I could log in again.

I think this may even be my 1st post??

But, now I want to get a little more serious with my home brewing. I am a member of the Coopers Guild (don't hold that against me) - (coz from what I can tell they will hold it against me for being here LOL) and just want to learn how to properly brew awesomeness... and I'm thinking that between the 2 forums I'll get the goods...

I think the turning point was moving to kegs...I'm not sure if it was just the gimmick of having beer on tap or the lack of secondary fermentation was what did the trick but I'm ear to ear nontheless.

My beer (for the last 15 years) has received nothing but praise from my mates (first 5 years was shit but very drinkable shit). By the way (or as the youngens say it "BTW") I moved to kegs after 5 years of brewing :)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say HI!!

P.S. I have an STC1000 (I think that's what its called) on my wish list along with a chest freezer and heat belt to maintain a more controlled temperature...which, from what I gather is the key!!

P.S.S. I can see that my post count says "2" but thats only because I replied to this post and when I re-read it I felt like made myself look like a dick so I deleted it LOL... So, Post number 2 -1 = 1 hahaha!!!

Brewers from your area should get together for a brewshare day each month, there are enough of you to make it a regular thing. Works well here!

Screwy

Brewers from your area should get together for a brewshare day each month, there are enough of you to make it a regular thing. Works well here!

Screwy

There is also PUBS homebrew club we meet once a month in Kallangur.

Cheers

Back