Hi, and recommendations please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenj

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a homebrewer from England, visiting friends in Perth next week. Mates a standard lager drinker and I'm a pale ale fella. Wondering what beers to look out for in the supermarkets and bottle shops in the area. Prices are a bit steeper than back here in England, so nothing too extravagant please :bigcheers:

Hi all, I'm a homebrewer from England, visiting friends in Perth next week. Mates a standard lager drinker and I'm a pale ale fella. Wondering what beers to look out for in the supermarkets and bottle shops in the area. Prices are a bit steeper than back here in England, so nothing too extravagant please :bigcheers:
Theres a stupid amount of variety around Aus at the minute. Theres a nice little bottle shop I go to when over that direction called liquor barons (think they may have a couple dotted around but I usually go the one in bayswater). Theres the little creatures brewery in Fremantle that ive heard good things about, they have plenty of nice beers out nationwide. Also one ive recently heard of called nail brewing, they have a nice one called VPA. Very hoppy!

Theres a stupid amount of variety around Aus at the minute. Theres a nice little bottle shop I go to when over that direction called liquor barons (think they may have a couple dotted around but I usually go the one in bayswater). Theres the little creatures brewery in Fremantle that ive heard good things about, they have plenty of nice beers out nationwide. Also one ive recently heard of called nail brewing, they have a nice one called VPA. Very hoppy!
Dont know how i forgot about them but colonial brewing co. Theyve just opened up another branch here in Melbourne, if you have a chance to get down to margaret river (about 3 hours from perth). Their south west sour is delicious! Had a few of their beers now and have been impressed with all of them.

Cheers. Been looking on a few sites of stores in and around Baldives where I'm staying and seems to be a good selection of craft beers, although a bit pricier than over here. Damn exchange rate!!!

The British scene is saturated with micro breweries at the minute, which is great for choice. Seems oz has a similar scene.

If you get a chance there’s a few good breweries around Perth too, Blasta Brewing is a stand out then there’s also Bright Tank, Feral, Mash, and a couple of others.

Had a little creatures pale all yesterday, nice beer it must be said. Been to stock up today and bought some wild yak Pacific pale.

Try the stone and wood pacific ale if you like the fat yak one, although not from Perth.

Feral Brewing Biggie Juice is very tasty got a carton on Friday and has it on tap at the Norfolk in Freo yesterday.

@smertin wasn't wrong about the amount of beers available. Cellarbration staff getting to know me a little better down here in Baldivis with my daily visits. Had a few different IPA but can't remember names of them, little neipa still my fave session beer down here. Had dmango unchained from dainton brewing out of Victoria, was decent and as good as most mango up as back in England

I'm in Australia, I had to. Don't hate me.

20190418_193713.jpg

Latest posts

Back