• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hi and Bottles for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillie

Reaction score
Hi,

Helping my granddad clear out some stuff.
We have over 300: 750mL Crown Seal XXXX Brisbane Bottle Exchange bottles to sell.

Wanting about $20 for 24 bottles, or something close to it.

They are in perfect condition, well taken care of.

Can pick up in one of three locations:
Bundaberg, Noosaville or Redcliffe.

Contact me if your interested.

Lillie

You can nearly get stubbies with beer in them from Aldi for that price.

Sounds quite fair to me for original, Crown Seal XXXX Brisbane Bottle Exchange bottles

Yup they aren't making any more. From memory they went to single trip twist tops in the mid 1980s so these bottles would be at least 30 years old.

edit: even ten years ago when there were far more of them around the going price used to be 50c a bottle. And still good value compared to buying brown PETs if you are a dedicated glass bottler.

If they are thick glass like the famous SA pickaxe bottles then they are worth every cent, if treated well will out live you.

Yes, I agree with the other posters, they should be worth every cent. IIRC the few I've had are just as sturdy as modern Coopers crown top tallies, if not better. I'm in the OP's area and if I wasn't planning on moving fairly soon I'd nab some and retire some of the other more inferior glass bottles that I have kept for RIS, an upcoming EBW, that sort of thing.
Good luck Lillie with the sale, wish I could relieve you of those, but I doubt that I can twist SWMBO's arm that much.

I would say closer to the $0.50 per bottle mark, thats what I paid on two occasions for collectible bottles like that..... I have 200 that I've never been able to have full all at the same time so not even close to needing anymore.... but someone should keep them. In fact I might know someone that wants some...

Beer God,
My Grandad was lucky enough to have a beer shed and was able to rotate 1,000 bottles of his home brew, he likes it better aged a year or so :)

Latest posts

Back