hey guys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gweedo

Reaction score
Just suddenly felt an urge to join a brewing community, I was with on the Facebook group "Aussie Homebrewers" until I just had enough of the trolling and flaming. I felt it was best to leave as I wasn't gaining much from that group. Anyway I have sort of turned this hobby into a tennis match with my choices. Started off with beer, converted to spirits, back to beer, spirits again, and now I have reached a point that there can only be so much rum and bourbon in the house but want to still make stuff, so I have come back to beer. I will continue with distilling as well, but more on the classic spirits or the culturally link liqueurs that one will never find in a shop and recipes are specific to each family or region of that culture. Anyway, I hope to pick up on some new things or things I might have missed out on in the past as well as share info or project ideas I have or have come across.

Welcome aboard mate, there is a sub forum for spirits discussion but there is plenty of spirited discussion on your beer brewing needs here.

What sort of system do you run? What are your go to styles?

Brew on, brew long ;)

Well because I thought I wouldnt venture down the beer path again, my shed is solely set up as a distillery and the fermentation fridge is just a basic STC-1000 system still with the thermostat connected in the fridge, the kegerator, kegs, gas, lines, the lot have all been sold or traded in, bottles have been crushed etc etc. So I am in the rebuild stages and during this time I will be doing some extract and/or BIAB while I put finishing touches on my ferment/cold crash fridge with thermo removed and running an Arduino UNO BrewPi instance on an old netbook as the web server. Then I will be moving on to restocking and building my kegging gear, then final straw will be most likely a Grainfather, as I am limited in space in the shed to put a HERMS set up, so the GF seems like a nice little kit that doesn't take up much space

Back