Hey all from Cranbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wookie

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and new to brewin. Been looking to do it for a while and the mother in law gave me a Tooheys home brew kit for chrissie so now i'm gonna make use of it.
We'll see how we go :)

Welcome aboard mate.

Two most important things you can do first up are make sure you clean and sanitise thoroughly and try and keep your fermenting beer at a nice stable temperature, usually ~18 degrees and ~12 degrees for lagers. If you're using kits, then you've most probably got ale yeast (regardless of what the kit says) so keep it below 20 degrees and you'll be sweet (wet towels around the fermenter and a desk fan work brilliantly).

JD

Gday Wookie, Check out the banner ad at the top of this page for Core Brewing concepts. (No affiliation etc) They are in Lyndhurst so the closest supplier to you. They dont really do extract stuff but do have yeast and hops.

And eventually your going to want to go All grain once the bug bites..LOL

Thanks for that guys,
I've got the tooheys fermenting atm. Sterilizing was high priority before i made it, maybe over did it but rather be safe than sorry.
Truman i'll probably get a couple of the extracts under my belt before i go trying doing it all proper with yeat and hops etc but it will happen.
Its good to know they are only down the road.....

Back