Help With Transporting Carboys?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margrethe

Reaction score
Greetings,
Mods, please feel free to move this post where it belongs, I wasn't sure where to put it!

I am currently residing in Jannali, and need to pick up two 50litre (Pretty Sure they're 50lt or so) Carboys from Dee Why. Now, I don't own a car, so this places me in somewhat of a dilemmic situation. I don't know anyone with a car willing to help me.

I am putting out a plea. If there is someone who is willing to help, for petrol money- a nice cold beer somewhere & maybe even lunch, who won't be killed by their SWMBO for doing it- I would be very grateful- you can assure her- I'm short, fat and ugly- with pics to prove it LOL!
But seriously- It is a great deal and would help this cash strapped brewer get her kit together much much faster than she anticipated.

So, I'm putting the call out. I will call the person I'm getting them from tomorrow, and hopefully sometime on the weekend will be good for him, and hopefully some helpful soul among you will help me out.

I don't mind catching a train to somewhere to be picked up, rather than having three journeys to and from Jannali. If you think you can help- I'd be super grateful.

Cheers,
Margrethe.

Yikes, Dee Why to Jannali. That's quite a hike.

Best of luck with it.

Its not that bad. Sheesh. I lived in Perth- and everything is a packed lunch and a swag away from Perth! LOL!

I thought it might be worth asking. Hell - if I can get a couple of people to help me scooch it along by doing it in parts I'd be happy.

Y'all are my last hope. If not, I'm shit outta luck, and my mead making will have to wait.

48.2 km about 1 hour 5 mins

You Sydney AHB'ers are a bunch of pussy's. C'mon help a fellow brewer out, some of you must own a car :lol:

Greetings,

I am putting out a plea. If there is someone who is willing to help, for petrol money- a nice cold beer somewhere & maybe even lunch, who won't be killed by their SWMBO for doing it- I would be very grateful- you can assure her- I'm short, fat and ugly- with pics to prove it LOL!

Cheers,
Margrethe.

Show us the pics.
You might be a glamour for all we know. ;)
{unfortunately, I`m in Brisbane so unable to help}

stagga.

The gentlemen that you would meet in Dee Why is an absolute brewing legend, well worth the effort just to have a chat with him. His wheat beers were the highlight of my Nth Beaches delivery run.
He has recently retired from AG after about 36 years & makes a few Wort Kits to keep the kegs full.
Cheers
Gerard

Yes, Exactly what Gerard said!

The gentleman is an absolute legend. You'd get to pick his brains while we were there :)

And Stagga- I think there's a pic of me in my profile. I'm not lying when I say I'm short, fat and ugly. Its one thing I don't joke about! :D

Back