Help with gas burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcclesTF

Reaction score
Brought a gas burner off ebay but not sure what I need now to connect it to a gas bottle can anyone here help me out. See pictures for burner.

1390787914633.jpg

1390787931944.jpg

1390787984463.jpg

Most regulator hoses that I've seen have a threaded connection that connects to the burner. I suspect you will be able to simply remove this rather unusual nipple type connection and just screw in a regulator hose. Will probably want to use some thread tape or similar though to ensure no gas leaks from the connection.

wbosher said:
Most regulator hoses that I've seen have a threaded connection that connects to the burner. I suspect you will be able to simply remove this rather unusual nipple type connection and just screw in a regulator hose. Will probably want to use some thread tape or similar though to ensure no gas leaks from the connection.

Correct. Just don't forget to ask for a med/ high flow regulator. For that ring set up (4) I would say high flow.DSC_0336.jpg

Something like that.

I've tried to remove the niple connection but seems to be welded on

I would just sacrafice the hose from the regulator. Cut the fitted threaded collar from the end of the hose and when connecting to the barb on the burner make sure to use a quality hose clamp.
Always check for leaks using a spray bottle filled with soapy water.

Doubt it's welded cast steel to brass would be near impossible unless it was braised. By the look of that picture it's not braised

You will find it's a epoxy / gum type sealant to prevent leaks and getting it off easily.

That said if it's real tight the brass may round, snap or deform before you undo it.
So I don't want to say just give it the bees to get it off, it may render your burner useless but I'd say a good fitted ring spanner with a bit of mechanical know how and it will unscrew.

Buy your med/high pressure regulator first.
I bet you will find that the outlet of the regulator has the hose clamped on (mine does)... Simply do the same on your burner.

Dank Bud said:
I would just sacrafice the hose from the regulator. Cut the fitted threaded collar from the end of the hose and when connecting to the barb on the burner make sure to use a quality hose clamp.
Always check for leaks using a spray bottle filled with soapy water.
That’s exactly how you do it, my burners are from Europe and Hong kong and have barbed connections.

Back