Help Me... I Cant Stop Leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokpikn

Reaction score
I have set up my 3 tap font at last about 3 or 4 days ago and have not had a problem with it. I had to change some stuff on it today and took off the conectors and than put it all back together but it keeps leaking.

I just spent about 2 hour moping up some portter from the bar tiles curtians. As i had a leak and did not realise for some time .

Now i cant get it to stopleaking i tried to cut the tube so its not that.

Any ideas im so pissed off at the moment i could almost throw the lot away :angry:

Im sure its something simple but cant get me head around it at the moment
DSC06567.JPGDSC06568.JPG

Is the leak coming from the fitting, or higher up the line? If the fitting is leaking, I'd be cutting off a small length of line & pushing the fresh bit into the fitting.

cheers Ross

Is the leak coming from the fitting, or higher up the line? If the fitting is leaking, I'd be cutting off a small length of line & pushing the fresh bit into the fitting.

cheers Ross
Hey ya ross

It appers to be coming from the fitting off the font side. I did try that al lready cut off about an inch and moved it up.
The other ones dont seem to leak. I think it could be the tube that came with the font but its been fine for the last few days untill i moved some stuff about.

Hey ya ross

It appers to be coming from the fitting off the font side. I did try that al lready cut off about an inch and moved it up.
The other ones dont seem to leak. I think it could be the tube that came with the font but its been fine for the last few days untill i moved some stuff about.

If the blue line is slightly the wrong size, you might be better with a barbed joiner. But with the other fittings being fine it's certainly a puzzler. Try swapping the fittings arond & if the fitting leaks on the new line & not on the old, then it's most likely a damaged fitting & we can have you a replacement there on Wednesday. Send me a pm if this is the case & we'll sort you out.

cheers ross

Thanks ross

I got it worked out. Once i calmed down and went and had another look.

What i think it was is the blue hose i pulled out of the fridge through a small hole just large enough for the tube to fit through and i have left some abrasive marks along the side so it would not seal very well.

It seems to be working at the moment but if i have any more problems with it i will get all new lengths of hose off you.

Thanks heaps and have a good easter

Back