Help In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altstart

Reaction score
<_<
Hi to all you Sydney people
I am arriving 1230 @ Sydney airport this coming Saturday and picking up a hire car and then driving to Oberon to visit my brother. I want to use the M5 etc to do this @ the airport end. Any one is there a decent Bottle shop on my route or in Katoomba that stocks imported beers that I can access without too much trouble.
Thanks in advance Altstart :p

Last time I was there, the bottle shop in Leura (on the main road on the right opposite the IGA) had a very good selection.

Drive up to Parramatta Rd (take the Princes Hwy via Tempe/Alexandria/Newtown) and then you can go to Camperdown Cellars at Camperdown, they are pretty good and fairly reasonably priced, then drive down parra rd and take the M4 - the M5 is $3.80 and then you'll have to pay for the M7 to get to the F4 - which is e-tag only - just take the M4, it's only $2.20

You could always drop in on our ISB clubmeet tomorrow - if you're interested PM me...

Jump off the m4 at the Wentworthville exit and go to Dan Murphy's - they have a good selection and the pricing cannot be beaten.

Drive up to Parramatta Rd (take the Princes Hwy via Tempe/Alexandria/Newtown) and then you can go to Camperdown Cellars at Camperdown, they are pretty good and fairly reasonably priced, then drive down parra rd and take the M4 - the M5 is $3.80 and then you'll have to pay for the M7 to get to the F4 - which is e-tag only - just take the M4, it's only $2.20

You could always drop in on our ISB clubmeet tomorrow - if you're interested PM me...

What DJR suggests would be the easiest & cheapest.

Just remember Camperdown cellars is on the Right hand side of parra Rd (cnr Layton St), but you can turn left into Church St (Layton has a different name on the other side or Parra Rd). Depending on traffic, its about 5 minutes from there to DJR's place & 10-15 minutes to the start of the M4.

It'd be great to meet one of the Qld contingent, but if you do, it may be a while before you get to your bro's :party: :lol: cause there's always some nice brews at these events :beer:

Here is a cut down set of directions from Whereis.com.au to Camperdown

Start: Start at domestic terminal- head towards NINTH ST 343 m < 1 min

Continue along SIR REGINALD ANSETT DR, MASCOT 227 m < 1 min

Continue along O'RIORDAN ST, MASCOT 619 m < 1 min

Turn left at BOURKE RD, MASCOT 308 m < 1 min

Turn left at COWARD ST, MASCOT 305 m < 1 min

Turn right at KENT RD, MASCOT 260 m < 1 min

Turn left at RICKETTY ST, MASCOT 597 m < 1 min

Continue along CANAL RD, ST PETERS 582 m < 1 min

Turn right at PRINCES HWY, ST PETERS 1.03 km < 2 mins

Continue along KING ST, ST PETERS 1.97 km < 3 mins

Turn left at MISSENDEN RD, NEWTOWN 919 m < 2 mins

Turn left at PARRAMATTA RD, CAMPERDOWN 249 m < 1 min

Turn left at Church St, CAMPERDOWN 200 m < 1 min

:beer:
Thanks for the replies and the invitation to your club meet its much appreciated. I must decline I dont want to but SWMBO will be with me and I have been told we have to get to my brothers place at a decent hour. You all have a good day.
Cheers Altstart

:beer:
Thanks for the replies and the invitation to your club meet its much appreciated. I must decline I dont want to but SWMBO will be with me and I have been told we have to get to my brothers place at a decent hour. You all have a good day.
Cheers Altstart

At least the Leura bottle shop is on your way.
Serious, just turn off left at Leura as you're driving thru the mountains, and it's on your right (about 100m) as you're driving down the main street. Dunno about the prices, but the range seems okay.

Good luck/have fun

It is only a short detour, but Amatos at Leichhardt always has an excellent range. Haven't been there for a while but I was vastly impressed last time I was there.

Click for their website

Lacto

I would go the M5/M7/M4 route and then stop in at Dan Murphys at Penrith.

Take the Northern Rd exit and turn right towards Penrtih. About 500m on the left is Dan Murphys at the Pioneer Tavern. They have a pretty good selection of imported and locally brewed stuff. Then you just head back to the M4 and continue on your way.

Latest posts

Back