Hellp A Bro Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer147

Reaction score
hey all ! newby here with a question. lets just say i live in nz and I'm looking to buy a still for making JD stile whiskey. iv heard great things about the air cooled stills on the market, and bad things as well. at the same time iv heard that a simple pot still is what I'm after. all of this is from brew shops and I'm shore go's with what they want to sell that week.so any personal experience would be greatly appreciated. cheers SWANNE... :huh: :chug:

hey all ! newby here with a question. lets just say i live in nz and I'm looking to buy a still for making JD stile whiskey. iv heard great things about the air cooled stills on the market, and bad things as well. at the same time iv heard that a simple pot still is what I'm after. all of this is from brew shops and I'm shore go's with what they want to sell that week.so any personal experience would be greatly appreciated. cheers SWANNE... :huh: :chug:
mate, your posting on a forum based in the wrong country. distilling spirits is illegal in Australia. wont find much help on here, well, at least not much that people are willing to own up to doing :p

Lobby

mate, your posting on a forum based in the wrong country. distilling spirits is illegal in Australia. wont find much help on here, well, at least not much that people are willing to own up to doing :p

Lobby

not helping

Hey cuz, the reason we can't help is because:

a. we generally brew beer and not spirits
b. We are in a different country
c. brewing spirit is illegal here
d. even if we could buy a still, it'd be hard to ship to you
e. how do you put pot in a still?

Anywho, best of luck with your JDStylez.

CHoice bro.

Sounded like some good advice to me.

Distilling spirits is illegal in australia.

This is a forum mainly devoted to brewing beer (although there are some strange ones that also brew wine, make cheese, salami, jerky etc)

There are forums out there that discuss home distilling, heaps of NZ based ones where it is legal to own a still.

And finally, its in the forum rules not to discuss it here anyway. Hell, its in bright red text so it stands out like dogs balls. You should have read these when you joined, but just incase you missed it, you can get a refresher here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...p;f=30&id=1

Ok, here it is - don't tell anyone I told you!

Get a 30 litre fermenter
Buy can of goo - Maybe a CPA...
Mix the goo with 1 kg of LME
Ad 250g of dex
Tea bag some cascade
Pitch some US05
Ferment out.
Bottle/keg
Wait 3-6 weeks and enjoy!

Easy
:p

Ok, here it is - don't tell anyone I told you!

Get a 30 litre fermenter
Buy can of goo - Maybe a CPA...
Mix the goo with 1 kg of LME
Ad 250g of dex
Tea bag some cascade
Pitch some US05
Ferment out.
Bottle/keg
Wait 3-6 weeks and enjoy!

Easy
:p

um ok scratch head and move on . thanks for all the help my broz lol

That law has to blow goats for you guys in AU. My father has the same issue in the USA.

Nice to see that 5 litre pot stills and reflux stills are available for essential oil and water distillation for your home brew needs.... :)

My father in CHCH has 3 x fract distillators, I'm well versed in the art, however cannot go into detail here. Suffice to say, it would blow goats if I was into spirits, however I much prefer beer.

Plus Australia is a lot warmer than NZ..... ^_^ ^_^

Latest posts

Back