Hello From Yorkshire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdtnc

Reaction score
Just signed up, I've had load of traffic from here to my blog post about my TTL http://pdtnc.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/ag5-...ylors-landlord/ so thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.

Caramelisation it seems, I wonder if I did it right?

Initial tastes of my TTL brew are good (needs a little more maturation first), but I'd say it lacks a bit, I might Try some Dark Crystal Malt next time and see what effect that has.

So... How ya Going? ;)

Yep The TTL is getting quite popular down here not sure why.

I am more a Marstons Pedigree fan mysen thar knows. :)

P.S. Micheal Parkinson is down here doing a tour at the moment don't think he will find any Barnsley Bitter.

Welcome to the merry band lots of members here invading your forums so good to have another voice.

Just signed up, I've had load of traffic from here to my blog post about my TTL http://pdtnc.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/ag5-...ylors-landlord/ so thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.

Caramelisation it seems, I wonder if I did it right?

Initial tastes of my TTL brew are good (needs a little more maturation first), but I'd say it lacks a bit, I might Try some Dark Crystal Malt next time and see what effect that has.

So... How ya Going? ;)

care to post your recipe?

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
The recipe comes from the Graham Wheeler book, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brew-Your-British-.../ref=pd_sim_b_1 , as he's a member over at the 'Jim's beer Kit Forum' in the UK and a Jolly decent chap I won't be infringing his copyright and the book is well worth buying :) Sorry about that, but I think its only fair to be fair to him.

Mate this is a home brew forum...it's about helping your fellow brewer. I highly doubt that it would be infinging his copyright by posting the recipe that you used to brew that beer. I've asked several microbreweries about trying to brew their beers, and they have all been helpful. They don't reply 'I'm sorry, but if you brew my beer yourself you won't buy my beer'...that would be just like starting a thread about a beer you just brewed and saying,

'Hey fellow homebrewers, hear about my new beer I just made and read how it looks and tastes, reply to my thread and ask me questions about the beer, but please hold your questions about the recipe as I will not tell you as it could infringe on some copyright...'

Cheers
Phil

Edit: That book is actually on my to buy list...but now I feel like trying to source it for free instead of buying the book...I wonder if bit torrent and google will help out with this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a copy of GW's book months ago, you can get it for around $30 from the Book Depository UK, postage free and arrives in about four days. B) I have made a few of his recipes including my all time favourite Camerons Strongarm tribute which I'm going to make again this week.

Jeez I'd love to go back to Yorkshire for a visit and look up all my old mates from my childhood

yorkie_orgy.jpg:

:)

Back