hello from east gippsland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droid

somewhere on the slippery slope with a beer in han
Reaction score
hi all, just joined and thought I better not be naughty so here's a quick hello

living in country vic, near the Gippsland lakes, got a couple of little tykes, am originally from wa but moved over here with the cheese and kisses
did a lot of extract brewing back in wa, even started competing with a handful of guys which was fun and a good learning experience

just got back into it with three brews down but remembered why I stopped before...want to step over to all grain, have done one all grain and several partials long ago but ah it was madness but I think now I am ready

really enjoy pale ale, love fruity and bitter pales, used cascade and williamette in the last 3 brews, the very last one had a tblsp of orange zest in it at <5mins weird? ah well

have john palmers "how to brew" but just today trying to convert all the measurements to metric is messing with my head and i need all the brain bytes for grain brewing me thinks so hoping to get onto some good teachings here and hopefully in time producing some good quality pale ales

thankyou and good night - er - afternoon
jonny

Welcome!

Good luck finding a local home brew shop out in Gippy! Any nearby?

On these forums theres afew good entry points into AG, which, as a new brewer, I want to try soon.

The simplest method in my opinion with the lowest outlays is Lord Raja Goomba I's http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/60922-2-pot-stovetop-ag-with-lauter/ which shouldnt be too mad :D it seems like a small step up from extract brewing

All the best in your brewing adventures

thankyou and also thanks for the links! yes it is a bit quiet out this way for brewing, prolly have to go bulk from Melbourne, there is one shop in town that has some stuff but I cant tell how often he moves his stock, some stuff is a bit dusty, we have one brewery nearby in bruthen

The Bullant Brewery in Bruthen is a nice spot.
The meals are very nice and the Kolsch is a good drop.
My aunty lives in Paynesville, so after I visit her I head to Bruthen and have a couple of pints at Bullant.
Next day we head to Pambula Beach.

Welcome aboard!

These guys will fix you up good and proper: http://www.fullpint.com.au/
gush, er wowsa - that's some cool schiza thanks for the link

The Bullant Brewery in Bruthen is a nice spot.
The meals are very nice and the Kolsch is a good drop.
My aunty lives in Paynesville, so after I visit her I head to Bruthen and have a couple of pints at Bullant.
Next day we head to Pambula Beach.

yes yes, havn't tried the kolsch, pambula - how bout those bread eating thieves? (kangaroos)we had one in the bloody annexe but lovethe place we want to live there, its a great spot.

aunty in pv? that's my local post office

My grandparents live on Raymond Island, mum and her husband and dad and his wife live in Bairnsdale. I've come to appreciate what a nice part of the world it is.

Welcome aboard mate. I go up from time to time so if I remember I could cart some grain or whatever back for you. But not scheduled for a visit until October so not much good to you now...

Go with either full pint or grain and grape, order small quantities of grain and hops on a per recipe basis for now. Maybe get a couple at a time to minimise impact of postage on your per batch cost!

Used to get down that way loads when I had 2 wheels.. Used to go camping and fishing down that way quite a bit, nice bit o country (except for Moe where you need a machete to get out ;) )

Welcome to the board, Im sure youll be kicking goals in no time

pedleyr said:
My grandparents live on Raymond Island, mum and her husband and dad and his wife live in Bairnsdale. I've come to appreciate what a nice part of the world it is.

Welcome aboard mate. I go up from time to time so if I remember I could cart some grain or whatever back for you. But not scheduled for a visit until October so not much good to you now...

Go with either full pint or grain and grape, order small quantities of grain and hops on a per recipe basis for now. Maybe get a couple at a time to minimise impact of postage on your per batch cost!
i used to be the postie on Raymond island, previous to the one they have now - so i would have delivered their mail !

Yob said:
Used to get down that way loads when I had 2 wheels.. Used to go camping and fishing down that way quite a bit, nice bit o country (except for Moe where you need a machete to get out ;) )

Welcome to the board, Im sure youll be kicking goals in no time
hehe - thanks for the welcome, it is nice this way and i have a scoot but don't get out much other than to get rid of the flat spots off the tyres from sitting around idle
we are in eagle point

Back