G'day from the Beautiful Mornington Peninsula

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bungers81

Reaction score
Hi

Been here for a short time and I am relatively new to home brewing, but fairly keen. Been brewing fro around 18 months, and have gradually gotten into the all grain side of things with some success, but don't think the efficiency of my beers are that good, but the beer tastes good and that's all that really matters at the end of the day, but I am keen to learn to prefect the art of brewing.

I am more into Pale Ales and IPA's (with Vale IPA and James Squire hop theif being my favourites), don't mind the wheat beers on a nice hot day, and any thing in between, not a massive fan of stout's, but that could change with the right beer (never used to like wheat beers of any sort). All my brewing is done from keg's, with the occasional couple from a batch bottled, but I am more than likely to bottle a cider or ginger beer.

Any way, enough about me. Hope I can learn from this forum and meet some good people as well.

Clint (Bungers)

A few pics below of my bar set up

bar.jpg

bar2.jpg

Your tastes will change the more exposure ypu get.. Not saying IPA and pales aren't awesome coz they is.. I can now appreciate a goodly range of tastes.. Saisons, stout, porter, braggots.. Shot almost anything with maybe a wrinkle at sours.. Still, a little bit didn't hurt anyone.. Oaked, smoked, whiskey aged.. Shit, 10 or less years ago I didn't even know such a selection existed..

So yeah, watch this pack o bastards, before you know it, you're taste buds don't belong to yourself anymore..

I still love my IPA and pales though ;)

Hi, I am also on the peninsula in Mt Eliza, also in the Bayside Brewers, which has been good for my brewing but helped make some friends who live down here too.
I love my german beers and have been working hard on getting my hefe perfect, attempt #5 is tasting great and got good feedback so far. Perhaps we should catch up and swap stories/beer. Brewing a stout this evening.
If the beer tastes good what does efficiency matter?!?

Ditchnbeer said:
Hi, I am also on the peninsula in Mt Eliza, also in the Bayside Brewers, which has been good for my brewing but helped make some friends who live down here too.
I love my german beers and have been working hard on getting my hefe perfect, attempt #5 is tasting great and got good feedback so far. Perhaps we should catch up and swap stories/beer. Brewing a stout this evening.
If the beer tastes good what does efficiency matter?!?
It'll be in my brewing techniques that is holding back the efficency but I enjoy the end product. Definitely keen to catch up with fellow brewers and swap recipes and get tips on brewing techniques.

Where on the Mornington Peninsula Bungers?

Ummm -

Mornington Brewery
Merc Bier Café
Paul's Bar - great little spot that's relatively unknown
Pig n Whistle
And then there's some members of Bayside Brewers that live down in Hastings and they can make good beer!

Ditchnbeer said:
Ummm -

Mornington Brewery
Merc Bier Café
Paul's Bar - great little spot that's relatively unknown
Pig n Whistle
And then there's some members of Bayside Brewers that live down in Hastings and they can make good beer!
I'm aware of those and have been to some, wrong side of the peninsula for me, I was more talking about Hastings, Bittern, Somerville etc. Mornington Brewery was the reason I got into brewing and craft beer. (You forgot Red Hill Brewery lol)

bungers81 said:
A few pics below of my bar set up
That's either a weird camera angle or the biggest glass of beer I've seen for a long time. :beerbang:

Welcome on board.

I hope its a big ass beer.

I hadn't forgotten Red Hill, its just you cant go there anymore for a pint. Those others I listed u can go there.

Latest posts

Back