Hbs In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilArge

Reaction score
G'day all

I'm just off to Canberra for a couple of days and just wondered if there were any decent HBS in Canberra. I want to get some specialty grain and misc. stuff.

Cheers

ToG

Many thanks folks - next stop, BrewYourOwn in Kambah!

Cheers

ToG
When are you coming down, Tuno? I'll put the kettle on, or whack a couple of glasses in the freezer, whichever you prefer. Don't come on Saturday as I will be at Bungendore, judging the HB comp at the local show. One of the more pleasant perks of the job.
Regards,
Shoppe.

When are you coming down, Tuno? I'll put the kettle on........
Regards,
Shoppe.

And there I was thinking it must be broken

TOG
2 suggestions for you
1. Before you leave, set aside room in the vehicle for goods.
(eg Shoppe had bags of Fawcett's MO & Halcyon at Christmas time. I have two young-un's + gear to fit in a small station wagon, & rarely have any room to carry contraband back home. Asking 'mum' to sit cross-legged for 4 hrs because the footwell in the passenger side has a bag of malt in it doesn't go down well.)

2. Set aside plenty of time to browse the Kambah Kandystore.

Pete
PS Don't get distracted by the 'livestock' on the corner - the shop is around the back.

When are you coming down, Tuno? I'll put the kettle on, or whack a couple of glasses in the freezer, whichever you prefer. Don't come on Saturday as I will be at Bungendore, judging the HB comp at the local show. One of the more pleasant perks of the job.
Regards,
Shoppe.
Sorry bro_shoppe - only just saw your reply! I'll be in Canberra in the next couple of hours (Qantas permitting <_< ) but I plan to call in tomorrow. I'm staying in London Circuit (coincidentally close to the Wig and Pen :rolleyes: ). What's the best way to get to your place? Happy to have a beer with you - I drink too much coffee anyway :lol: .

TunOfGrunt

aka Neil

And there I was thinking it must be broken

TOG
2 suggestions for you
1. Before you leave, set aside room in the vehicle for goods.
(eg Shoppe had bags of Fawcett's MO & Halcyon at Christmas time. I have two young-un's + gear to fit in a small station wagon, & rarely have any room to carry contraband back home.

2. Set aside plenty of time to browse the Kambah Kandystore.

Pete
PS Don't get distracted by the 'livestock' on the corner - the shop is around the back.

Thanks for the excellent advice Pete. Can't wait to see the livestock so I know what not to be distracted by :unsure: . I'm flying in and out and so won't be packing enormous amounts in (but then again...). Better save room for some goodies for the kids too by the sound of it.

Asking 'mum' to sit cross-legged for 4 hrs because the footwell in the passenger side has a bag of malt in it doesn't go down well.)

Sheesh. Talk about ungrateful.... Mind you, I think you did well. I'd be thinking about which weekend I could have the kids if I tried that!

Best

ToG

You need to get on the Tuggeranong Parkway and head south, at the end of the parkway turn left at the second set of lights (caltex servo on your left) and then first right (into woolies carpark), go past the entrance of woolies and go round the back of it. Cols is the second shop from the end.
Cheers
Steve

You need to get on the Tuggeranong Parkway and head south, at the end of the parkway turn left at the second set of lights (caltex servo on your left) and then first right (into woolies carpark), go past the entrance of woolies and go round the back of it. Cols is the second shop from the end.
Cheers
Steve

Brilliant Steve - many thanks.

Neil

Kambah is sufficiently far away from London Circuit such that it'll be a real pain in the arse for you to get there without a car.

Google Maps linky dinky

I'm constantly amazed at the lengths people on this forum go to help fellow travellers! Thanks Sammy - muchly appreciated. No public bus run down to Kambah that runs past the shopping centre?

Neil

Regards,
Shoppe.

What's the plan with the website Colin? It must be one ball-tearer of a website if it's been in development for over 4 years.

Also, I seen a plug for you in yesterday's Canberra Times. It was an article titles "Hop to it, beer brewers" about Tom Kaminskas growing his own hops. I've attached the article JIC you missed it.

View attachment Hop_to_it.pdf

What's the plan with the website Colin? It must be one ball-tearer of a website if it's been in development for over 4 years.

Also, I seen a plug for you in yesterday's Canberra Times. It was an article titles "Hop to it, beer brewers" about Tom Kaminskas growing his own hops. I've attached the article JIC you missed it.
I bought the paper thanks, Dicko (no, not the entire output. Just one copy). Tom's a good man and puts out some tremendous beers. The website will be up as soon as I can work out how to connect it with MYOB. I'm hiring Chubby to do it.
Regards,
Shoppe

I'm constantly amazed at the lengths people on this forum go to help fellow travellers! Thanks Sammy - muchly appreciated. No public bus run down to Kambah that runs past the shopping centre?

Neil
It was great to meet you, Tonof. Thanks for dropping by. Sorry, I forgot to give you an ice brick for your hops.
Canberra folks (as well as AHB folks) are renowned for their friendliness and willingness to help.
Shoppe.

It was great to meet you, Tonof. Thanks for dropping by. Sorry, I forgot to give you an ice brick for your hops.
Canberra folks (as well as AHB folks) are renowned for their friendliness and willingness to help.
Shoppe.
Well, it was excellent to meet you bro_shoppe. People told me you were the dogs whatsits and they were right. I've got the SuperPride pellets in the bar fridge here but everytime I open it (to get a DAB from a local bottlo out) I'm just knocked out by the aroma. Goddam, they smell fantastic. Can't wait to get them in an Aussie Sparkling Ale. Would you recommend me late hopping with them (just a bit)? Thanks for your hospitality. Be careful though, I will have other meetings down here....
Best

ToG

Back