hbkitreviews.com is NOW ratebeerkits.com

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Hi All,

About a year ago the domain hbkitreviews.com expired, due to time commitments and the outdated code allowing spammers to smash the system I let things slide however I have now re-built the site using the existing reviews and kits, adding more kits and categories and re-formatting the way things work, the site is now back and running under the new domain ratebeerkits.com with a fresh new look and design.

New Features
  • Registration Now Required - The main issue allowing SPAMMERS to post on the site was the lack of security and registration. I have tried to keep this as simple as possible (minimal fields required. Those who posted in the past will already have accounts setup (if email was provided, use the forgot password feature to get your newly generated password to get back in)\
  • Styled Reviews - Reviews now have a WYSIWYG editor (like this forum post box) so you can bold, underline and format your reviews.
  • Tags - Each kit within the system has been setup with search tags, you will find these across the site, click on any of the tags will perform a search to show other kits with the same tag making it easier to find the kit you want.
  • Social Media Logins - Once you have a registered account I have provided a range of social media accounts that you can use to login to the site, this works by accessing your email address and matching it to your account on ratebeerkits.com. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram have been setup. This will speed up the login process for those with one of these accounts.
  • Facebook & Twitter - I have setup both a facebook and twitter account for the site, if you choose to follow either of these each time a new review is placed on the site a notice will be posted to the wall of the RateBeerKits social media pages so you can keep upto date with latest reviews.

PLEASE NOTE: You may find bugs or issues as the code is very new and only minimal testing has taken place, if so please let me know so I can address them. PM me with specs if possible.

Thanks

Good job Sluggerdog website looks very smart. Good resource for the Kit brewers.

So post a review?

With my well documented (on here at least) smell/taste issues, I wouldn't rely too much on any review from me. "I liked it, it tasted good".

@bum - yep, starting adding reviews.

Mangrove Jacks is going up at the moment. If I am missing others please let me know.

I haven't brewed a kit for quite some time now, but because of time constraints I've found myself doing my fist one in some time. Provided it's ok, I might start doing the occasional kit to keep my stocks up, and a site like this could be very useful. Well done guys :)

Latest posts

Back