Have I Missed Anything For Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitysa

Reaction score
Hi all,
going to put in order soon

have i missed anything, or some of the items overkill???

Name: Beer/Gas Line (OD 8mm, ID 6mm) $1.90 $13.30
Code: REGMMPRE

Name: CO2 Regulator - Dual gauge (Micromatic) $145.00 $145.00
Code: QDGFLARE

Name: Quick Disconnect MFL (Gas) $13.50 $27.00
Code: QDBFLARE

Name: Quick Disconnect MFL (Beer) $13.50 $13.50
Code: JG-PM4058F4S

Name: Female Adaptor 1/4" FFL x 5/16" (8mm) $7.00 $21.00
Code: BRONCOF&H

Name: Bronco Faucet & Hose $14.90 $29.80
Code: JG-5/16SCV

Name: Non Return Valve OD 5/16" (8mm) $27.00 $27.00
Code: JG-PM0208S

Name: Equal Tee OD 5/16" (8mm) $9.00 $9.00
Code: KEG19L

Name: Keg - 19L Cornelius (Used) $60.00 $120.00
Code: SEALKITKEG

Name: Keg - Seal Kit $7.90 $15.80

TOTAL: AUD $421.40

Mike

You may want to get some S/S clamps for clamping the gas line onto the t-piece and the outlet of the reg.

Why the non-return valve? Are you only interested in the pressure inside your hose?

the beer out will need to be barbed for a bronco+hose kit.

BTW, get the best gas line you can buy if you are using MFL connectors. if the OD of the line is out by 1mm (which i found with the cheaper line) you will have leaks.

Give Ross a shout out. He will point you in the right direction for a decent setup.

personally i would go: reg, NON-Return Valve, gas line, mfl female connector(gas), mfl disconnect(gas), Barb disconnect (beer), Bronco tap+faucet, keg, seals

Looks like exactly what you have got!

Looks good, is that the premium beer line? I would recommend it over the cheaper beer lines. And maybe an extra beer QD, so you can force carb via your beer out post (if that way inclined) ;)

Grab a thermometer for inside the fridge, so you can keep an eye on the fridge temp. (Or if needing to spend funds, fridgemate it up!)

If you are going through Ross, (codenames look like you are) give him a call and he will also run through your system with you.

Looks very similar to my system, except I have a different tap.

2c.

Edit: Typing to slow again, what Foustar said!

You can get that micromatic reg for $90 through kegsonline.com.au

And I'd get john guest fittings throughout where possible.

With the bronco tap line, get ross to make it up so that it uses the black beer line with the smaller internal diameter, so you use less of it, and it's easier to manage as well. Get him to put a screw on end on it where it joins the disconnect, so you can unscrew it and then screw on a john guest fitting to the same disconnect. This is very handy for force carbing through the beer out.

Hi all again,

also looking at CO2

came across these, would they be any good

which would be recommended ?? 2.6kg or 6kg

View attachment co2.bmp
co22.jpg

ta
mike

the one in the pic looks like a 6kg, once you have a reg on top they're a bit taller than a cornie which can be annoying.

I'd go the 2.6 personally, as long as you can refill it somewhere nearby.

Back