Hardest thing you've ever done.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive lost both my parents to cancer, my best friend to cancer and my other best friend in a plane crash 2 days before my wedding (best man) had to put down my dog last week due to cancer and today i found out my other dog has terminal lung cancer.. but none of that shit compares to your wife/soul mate having breast cancer going through severe anaphylaxsis while on strong chemo and nearly dieing in front of your own eyes while you stand there helpless to do anything screaming at nurses and doctors to make her live !! That moment was the hardest for me and i never wish it upon anyone.. cherrish your wife fellers and feel their breasts as much as possible.. you never know .. plus it has other benefits!

Sorry to hear Spog.. thoughts are with your family.

Well bugger me!
Yesterday through the fog of Dementia Mum finally realised Paul had died and freaked out,my sister rang Mums sister Betty who said she would come to Lincoln on Monday and stay with Mum.
Got a call late yesterday telling us that Auntie Betty won't be coming as she has had a heart attack .
Righto what's next !

Grainier,I had my dog put down 2 wks ago, and as for feeling boobs that's how I found lumps in my wifes,thankfully benign.

Weal your not wrong.
My mother in law passed earlier today, but not before giving instructions to all including me.
Gotta love her, a top shelf woman,mother, and mate.i spoke to " mum" shortly before she passed and she told me what she wanted done and I dare not go against her wishes .

From myself,my wife and our children, always kids though they are adults ,and family we thank you all for your best wishes .
I have passed on to family your posts of kindness and best wishes.
And all have been thankful for the kindness of " strangers".
Thank you .

Well since my last post on this topic the worlds best Auntie passed as well ,3 days after the Mother in Law.
Got an Email this morning from a cousin in Norway telling me my Auntie Elsa has passed ,she was a bit of a ratbag and I had some laughs with her.
And a laugh I had,bugger me if I'm not over death,must be getting crowded up there with my family members .
2016 starts next month.

Man that is a real rough start to the year, really hope your fortunes improve. I lost a mate suddenly a few years ago, still feels like we were hanging out only yesterday. Nothing compared to what you are going through. A good laugh at some comedy to give your mind a break from reality did wonders for me. Manticle has conveniently setup a comedy post for us all, take a look if you need a laugh.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Sheesh there's some sad stories here. I guess I'm fortunate that the hardest thing I've ever done was climb and reach the summit of Huyana Potosi, a 6088m peak in Bolivia. With a guide, a group and me personally having almost zero mountaineering skills.

Back