Happy 1st Birthday GoldCLUB/Back To Basics Month

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricache

Brewer/Gamer/Nerd
Reaction score
GoldCLUB1st.jpg

Well 1 year has gone since we had the idea of starting a Gold Club Homebrew club and what a year it has been!!

We are also making this month a "Back to Basics" month, we are talking goop in a can and 1kg of dried fermentables (your choice of yeast). We may have mastered our craft and make amazing beer but can you make a good beer with the most basic ingredients.

Remember to bring along a few extra beers to put into the raffle.

Date - 13th September

Same GoldCLUB Place - Burleigh Brewing Company

Same GoldCLUB Time - 6:00pm

----

A bit of a background/history to the GoldCLUB for those who were not there in the beginning...This all started with a post on AussieHomeBrewer by Damien which got a bit of interest (and also a bit of flak but that didn't worry us obviously) and we slowly got some numbers together. We organised a time and place (for now, bigger things in the future) and pencilled in a date. Damien was also in talks with our great local brewery Burleigh Brewing Co. to see if they would be interested in having us meet there but that was still in the works so our first meeting would have to be at his unit down at Burleigh.

Our first meeting was actually a decent turn out but we didn't have an official name yet so our first official piece of club business was names! We threw a few names around but Cary ended up with a name that stuck and everyone agreed The GoldCLUB (Gold Coast Local United Brewers) was a winner!

After that it has been pretty much history, we have gone from a a small club which met in a unit in Burleigh to a club which has competed in a state wide brewing comp and meeting once a month in one of Australia's (if not the worlds) best Craft Brewery, Burleigh Brewing, who have taken us in, made us feel beyond welcome and supported what we do and even join in on the odd meeting.

OG Member List (These guys have been there since the beginning)
Damien
Kegs
Andrew
Kev
Adam
Cary
Damian
Nick
Matt

All you guys ROCK!!! Remember without you guys, we would not have the best club around!

Just went to crack my tin of goop... and the tin is swollen!

The tin's been sitting in a drawer for at least 4 years - probably quite a bit longer.

Thinking I may not have an entry for the K&K comp!!

: )

Nooo! If it was me I would try it still haha but that could be slightly dangerous :lol:

Righto...KnK beer bottled and ready to be unleashed...

Maybe we should get together and brew something to be stored away until GC's second b'day??

cant wait for tomorrow nights 1st birthday party for the club,,its been a good 1st year,

You won't be so enthusiastic after you taste my KnK beer...

adam and kevo your garain is all ready in my van(yeast aswell)

see you at 5pm your place adam,,,,i have got pens and paper and some tags so we dont mix up the twangy bottles

Got these to share too

IMG_1394.JPG

at least they are intentionally sour.

Latest posts

Back