Handy Imports Stainless Bench/Table, any good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Looking at a stainless bench and the Handy Import ones on evilbay are cheap enough. Has anybody got one and are they sturdy/solid??

Mine's got some rust spots, they're not the greatest quality stainless
Good if you keep it clean/dry, however

You get what you pay for..

That said, I have a couple, and they are fine.

Mmm, outside but under the patio with a BBQ cover might not be a good idea. Maybe one those fold up Bunnings trestle tables might be better(won't rust)

Cant really help in relation to the ebay jobs, But i was in a similar situation recently and wanted to make a bench/sink wash area.
Thought it would be nice to make it out of stainless.

Bought some stainless sheet from the local stainless mob, chased up a massive stainless sink locally. Bent the stainless at work.
Its big, looks great and was cheap.

Cost me $140 as it is shown in the pic below. 70L sink, 1.2ml stainless sheet, 1600 wide, 750 deep, 200 splashback.

And at least i know its proper stainless!

IMG_0649.JPG

Neo__04 said:
Cant really help in relation to the ebay jobs, But i was in a similar situation recently and wanted to make a bench/sink wash area.
Thought it would be nice to make it out of stainless.

Bought some stainless sheet from the local stainless mob, chased up a massive stainless sink locally. Bent the stainless at work.
Its big, looks great and was cheap.

Cost me $140 as it is shown in the pic below. 70L sink, 1.2ml stainless sheet, 1600 wide, 750 deep, 200 splashback.

And at least i know its proper stainless!

attachicon.gif
IMG_0649.JPG
I like that idea, seems like a fairly good price for the sheet. Where did you get it?

tasweld engineering, warrnambool.

Little bit far from melbourne. Great prices on stainless. I priced another place in town, 3 times the price !!

The $140 was for the sink & the stainless sheet :)

I have two Handy Imports SS tables - one for a couple of years now. I keep it covered with an ATV (4 wheeler motorcycle) cover I got off ebay, and had no rusting or anything. Caveat emptor of course, but I bought a second one for the warehouse recently and am just as happy.

Both 1800mm, one with splashback, bought years apart.

I got burned today. This is my 'stainless' bench from Handy Imports.
Stainless bench top only, galvanised steel everything else, 'welds' are made from sikaflex, bends and dents and crappy silver paint to 'hide' (some would say highlight) imperfections.

524250_10153564438850558_4587966097682665212_n.jpg

Lesson learnt

Back