Half-price Sodastream Drinksmaker Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpillsMostOfIt

Self-Propelled, Portable Meat-Based Filtration Sys
Reaction score
KMart in Northcote sold me a SodaStream Beginner Kit (drinksmaker, two bottles, two gas cylinders) today for $49.99. The price is clearly marked on the shelf and scans as $49.99.

I quickly donned my best poker face and bought one with a $50 gift card I got on credit card points before walking calmly to my car and driving off with a very large smile on my face.

KMart in Northcote sold me a SodaStream Beginner Kit (drinksmaker, two bottles, two gas cylinders) today for $49.99. The price is clearly marked on the shelf and scans as $49.99.

I quickly donned my best poker face and bought one with a $50 gift card I got on credit card points before walking calmly to my car and driving off with a very large smile on my face.

That's fantastic value :super:

Cheers Ross

wow,
Does anyone know if that price is current in QLD as well?

Same price in Newcastle so i assume QLD as well
i mentioned it in another soda stream post earlier this week.

Same price in Newcastle so i assume QLD as well
i mentioned it in another soda stream post earlier this week.

um.... out of interest .. do you do something other than make kids soft drinks out of the Sodastream ? Am I missing out on something here ????? :huh:

What other drink is popular with all of us here and is carbonated?

Hint: This site was designed to help people brew it.

And these gas cylinders are easy to carry, say to a party or picnic

What other drink is popular with all of us here and is carbonated?

Hint: This site was designed to help people brew it.

So you telling me what .. you use the Soda Stream to carbonate a beer ???? Come on, still in the dark here ..

Not usually, just to dispense it from mobile keg setups

So its about the gas bottles and not the drink maker ? Okay, I can see that.

Mostly - the small gas bottles (330gm CO2) usually fetch around $40 a pop, and $11 to refill. The drinks-maker is also useful. It can be gutted and the parts used to make a simple party-keg gas dispenser, therefor no expensive regulator required.

This looks like one hell of a deal! I saw it in KMart as well, though I thought it was for gas only.
Nice work SMOI!

Looks like a trip across the road from work tomorrow is on the cards ;)

I'm doing two things with mine.

I'm putting together a party keg setup and I am force carbonating (PET) bottles of beer for giggles. (I don't own a proper keg setup.)

I thought about the unregulated route and tried it with a gutted SodaStream thingy belonging to Thirsty Boy. I quickly decided that although expensive, there is a *lot* of niceness in a regulated gas setup and bought a cheap regulator and the other bits of kit required to make it work. I might use the drinksmaker to make lolly water, or some other way to make the world a better place.

I rang K-Mart at Loganholme today and asked about this Soda Stream deal.
They said that it was not a special and it was their new normal price however they had none in stock.
Call in on my way home at K-Mart Helensvale and picked up the above mentioned kit for $49.99.
Good way to keep the wife/kids happy with cheap soft drink/ soda water.
And score an extra 2 portable party system gas bottles in the process.

I'm startin to think I'm starting to build up a little to much gear.
7 soda stream bottles.
1 regulated party sustem set up
1 Non regulated party system set up
1 old soda stream waiting to be pulled apart. Will sell for $10 + postage(no gas cyl included)

FROGMAN.

just picked it up too :p Noone mentioned any special there, I wish I knew it was their normal price before buying my last 2 cylinders outright for like $40 each... Also never got to play with one and its pretty cool :p

In the manual it says not to carbonate after adding the syrupy stuff? Is that just so the little injection wand doesnt get sticky? I've already thought about filling those bottles up with beer and force carbing too... anyone done this successfully?

I dont know about beer but as i kid i added the syrup first and gassed it up when i pulled the lever to let the bottle release it just went every where. Got in heaps of crap from mum and was not aloud to use it for ages.

Good Luck

I rang K-Mart at Loganholme today and asked about this Soda Stream deal.
They said that it was not a special and it was their new normal price however they had none in stock.
Call in on my way home at K-Mart Helensvale and picked up the above mentioned kit for $49.99.
Good way to keep the wife/kids happy with cheap soft drink/ soda water.
And score an extra 2 portable party system gas bottles in the process.

I'm startin to think I'm starting to build up a little to much gear.
7 soda stream bottles.
1 regulated party sustem set up
1 Non regulated party system set up
1 old soda stream waiting to be pulled apart. Will sell for $10 + postage(no gas cyl included)

FROGMAN.

Your accent is pronounced;)got mine last night,had it stripped down for party keg duties in 5 mins.

Oh and the two extra gas bottles was cool

In the manual it says not to carbonate after adding the syrupy stuff? Is that just so the little injection wand doesnt get sticky?
Don't worry about the wand, it's so you don't get sticky.
It fizzes up badly if you add the syrup before hand.
Try it if your curious :)

just picked it up too :p Noone mentioned any special there, I wish I knew it was their normal price before buying my last 2 cylinders outright for like $40 each... Also never got to play with one and its pretty cool :p

In the manual it says not to carbonate after adding the syrupy stuff? Is that just so the little injection wand doesnt get sticky? I've already thought about filling those bottles up with beer and force carbing too... anyone done this successfully?

hi, re the gassing of the mixed drink, it bubbles and fizzes the drink out of the bottle , it does the same with beer.

so, like the instruction book says, carbonate the water before adding the flavour.

cheers, alan

was lucky enough last week to be wandering up the street and find one that someone had tossed out for council clean up , just machine and gas bottle but thats all i want anyway , the old style gas bottle which i believe are the best ones to refill yourself too... went nicely with the six milk crates full of long neck crown seals i drove by/picked up the day before ... one mans junk is anothers treasure so they say...

Latest posts

Back