Guinness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Bill Yenne's "Guinness the 250-year Quest fro the Perfect Pint":

"virtually all the malt
for all of the Guinness worldwide is roasted here. All the malt for
the brewing at St. James,s Gare is roasted here, as well as much
of the rnalt that goes into Guinness Flavor Extract for Guinness
brewed abroad. The rest of the roasting for the latter takes place at
the Guinness plant in Waterford.
"Essentially, anything with any color comes from here,,, Fergal
Murray explains, proudly pointing up at the huge roasters."

Yes - true of the classic Guinness - not the local FES version which as previously pointed out is not actually Guinness in any real way, but is simply a locally made FES - but who knows, it might have some of that stuff in there as well I guess.

Bribie is correct

440 cans are imported and always have been
Draught is BUL out of Yatala
FES is brewed as a "local" version, also out of Yatala - it is good. Although, while I don't know.... I seriously doubt that the Yatala brewery lets any Brett anywhere near any of their plant.... I'd say that the sour comes from something else.
Calvin_Peeing_Decal.png

How good is Stout by the way. Bloody awesome drink.

Next time you're hungover have a Guinness with your bacon and eggs. I did it one day for a laugh with my brother and it was actually awesome. Breakfast of champions.

hell yeah, drinking one now albeit a fwk stout but a stout none the less

cheers
matt

How good is Stout by the way. Bloody awesome drink.

Next time you're hungover have a Guinness with your bacon and eggs. I did it one day for a laugh with my brother and it was actually awesome. Breakfast of champions.

Stout is OK I guess. I dont mind having a dry stout followed by a foreign extra stout followed by an Imperial stout then for desert I might have a chocolate stout although in about two months i should be enjoying my Belgian Triple chocolate stout with a dollop of ice cream.............................................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Stout Spider

Stout is OK I guess. I dont mind having a dry stout followed by a foreign extra stout followed by an Imperial stout then for desert I might have a chocolate stout although in about two months i should be enjoying my Belgian Triple chocolate stout with a dollop of ice cream.............................................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Stout Spider
Stop it Brad,

I'll have to go and pour a pint of Guinness now..... :rolleyes:

PB

Brad, you are the kilo-of-roast-barley-in-one-mash stout man. I hear that the Pine Rivers sewage works operators still haven't figured out why the effluent has become so dark recently :p

Can anyone confirm the carbonation methods of the various Guinness options?
Co2,nitro,mixed,widget, bottles, cans, tap here, tap Ireland, cask?

I was asked by a family member over xmas and the more I thought about it the more confused I was. Its not the first time I've been asked either.
Thanks.

Daz

Back