Guinness (world Record)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tonight I saw Reinhard from the Lowenbrau Kellar (Sydney) carry twenty full 1 litre steins over 40 metres to set a new Guinness world record. Very impressive. If I remember correctly, he smashed the record (which was previously held by a frauline) by about four or five steins.

Reinhard (who recently got Aussie citizenship) event put out the call "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie".

I think that I'd struggle to carry one 20 litre stein. Does anyone out there think that they could challenge Reinhard for his title?

I have my hands full with one 1L stein.

How do their hands fit around all the handles? I can't figure that one out.

They weigh a touch over 1kg when they're empty.

_44240978_steins_ap220b.jpg

The guy must have some powerful arms!

WJ

How do their hands fit around all the handles? I can't figure that one out.

They hold as many in each hand as they can (radiating out from their hand). Someone with decent hands can hold 10-12 steins this way, I expect. They then bring the two bunches next to each other. Because all the glasses are in tension, they straighten up pretty well, and provide a nice platform for stacking the rest of of the beers.

Disclaimer: I've never actually seen it done, but this is how I'd do it if I weren't such a weakling.

Tonight I saw Reinhard from the Lowenbrau Kellar (Sydney) carry twenty full 1 litre steins over 40 metres to set a new Guinness world record. Very impressive. If I remember correctly, he smashed the record (which was previously held by a frauline) by about four or five steins.

Reinhard (who recently got Aussie citizenship) event put out the call "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie".

A real Aussie would have skulled the 20 steins then :icon_vomit: chundered on the floor

20! That is mental. I was blown away by ladies carrying 10 or so at Oktoberfest, 20 is crazy.
Mind you, did he carry them around tables through crowds of drunk people? :D

There is a hell of a lot of beer being spilt on the floor though. Regardless, I am hardly about to challenge him!

Oi!

For the record to be valid, a helper is allowed to help stack and unstack the beers at each end. Also, he wasn't allowed to spill more than 10% of the beer.

The 40m course was through crowds of supporters (aka drunk people), however they did clear a metre wide path for him.

Where's Pumpy???

His ultimate respect for this man once earnt a bunch of us a free schnapps at the Lowenbrau on an AHB pub crawl.

Berp.

Good stuff Reinhard.
I think that you cannot get any more "Australian" than to break a beer record. :beerbang:
Now that's what I call a citizen test. :lol:

I agree, Lukes...

Just try and tell that to Mrs WJ.

Now to adapt the dirndl as the Aussie national dress...

WJ

Where's Pumpy???

His ultimate respect for this man once earnt a bunch of us a free schnapps at the Lowenbrau on an AHB pub crawl.

Berp.

Yes Berp ,he still is my hero , a super guy who will he will alway take the time for a chat when we visit

He says one of his reasons for his sucess in lifting the steins is due to his small hands which can fit in the handles.

Pumpy :)

job001.jpg

Was in todays(yesterdays now) MX arvo paper

For the record to be valid, a helper is allowed to help stack and unstack the beers at each end.

I saw that in the photo. In my opinion, that's cheating. When it's your round at the bar, you don't have a helper.

Latest posts

Back