Growlers For Homebrew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecast

Eat, drink...and drink some more.
Reaction score
was thinking about taking homebrew out of the house now that i keg. i can fill a few bottles each batch, but thought it would be convenient (and look cool) to have a 2L growler, and just fill that from the keg as needed. anyone do this, and where did you get it from? would probably look at a homeware type store first.
joe

I still love the 1.5L Grolsch magnum, you can probably pick some up cheap from the post-christmas leftovers. Just tip out the contents.

I have a 3 or 4 litre brown growler with swing top and finger hold. It still has Scharer's label on it, but I don't think they've sold them for some time.

Colonial brewing over here in Margaret River WA do the 2L swingtop growler but that is probably a bit too far for you!

hmm, if i can find a grolsch one i'll pick one up. might even drink the grolsch.
thanks for the link DrSmurto. those look great!

sounds like my other option is open a brew pub. start selling growlers. then "borrow" one from work.

I am in Sydney

What the hell is a growler

and where does the growl come from

I still love the 1.5L Grolsch magnum, you can probably pick some up cheap from the post-christmas leftovers. Just tip out the contents.

found one of those empty sitting in a cupboard at home the other day. how it has sat there for 3+ years and i've never seen it nor used it for homebrew is beyond me. all mine now though.

Brewcraft had some a few years ago.

Oakleigh South - 24 Eskay Rd
(03) 9579 1644

- Luke

I am in Sydney

growler.jpg

Pic from Northern Brewer

I am in Sydney

I find Urban Dictionary to be an invaluable resource for things like this. In this case, you want to choose one of the answers and ignore the others. I'd go with option 4, based on context ;)

or in SA B)

linky - click on the cellar door link

Cheers
DrSmurto
i picked up two from here and they survived a 14 day boat trip back to sydney and the beer wasnt too bad ether. im looking forward to filling these bad boys from my tap

GGGRRRR

now I know

had seen some of the other references

By the way

I have about 8 1.5L grolsh bottles

I find Urban Dictionary to be an invaluable resource for things like this. In this case, you want to choose one of the answers and ignore the others. I'd go with option 4, based on context ;)

holy crap pomo, now i have to go home from work feeling all dirty <_<

I always pickup a few growlers when I'm in the US.
IMG_4948.JPG
They are great for taking to functions, brew meetings etc.

Doc

Back