Growing Hop Plants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig in heaps of manure at planting, and then top dress every year with loads of it as well. The key to a really healthy soil seems to be fungus. Organic matter is fungus favourite food. See 'Nutri-Tech Solutions'.

Dig in heaps of manure at planting, and then top dress every year with loads of it as well. The key to a really healthy soil seems to be fungus. Organic matter is fungus favourite food. See 'Nutri-Tech Solutions'.

Agree re manure.

The only thing my plants get other than sunlight and water is 1 bag of horse manure per plant over winter. It takes months to break down and slowly leach into the soil replacing nutrients in the previous growing season.

I use this a booster.

My soil is acid-sulphate clay...

my grass is a consant yellow colur

Hey,

I have done a post grad in soil, you need 60/10/1 (carbon/nitrogen/phos) to have a happy soil, this is done easily by adding straw as carbon and you should get all the N and P from the Manure. Add sand to your soil and you should see an increase in drainage.

erkele

I added a bag of sand to my hop hole after I dug it and ended up with some great concrete. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back