Greyhound Freight - Darwin Nt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleshy

Reaction score
For any Darwin/NT based brewers out there who are thinking of bulk ordering some malt I can highly recommend Greyhound Freight. I had 75 kilos of malt delivered from Craftbrewer in Brisbane last week, greyhound even arranged the pick up at $51 a bag. It arrived safe and sound 7 days after pick up.

$2 a kilo compared to $4-$5 I usually pay on a per batch basis, combined with the greatly reduced cost of malt at that volume will almost have me down to a $1.20 a litre compared to $2.50 a litre average of the past. (Based on a 4-5 kilo, 20L batch)

Be warned that the nice fella out at the Winnellie freight depot knows what to look out for and expects sample beers with every malt pick up :)

good onya for sharing that one, Im sure it will be useful info to other brewers across the top end and into the Kimberly...Im now in Geelong but used to live in Darwin and Broome and freight can be a real killer! Always good to have a few options available!

good onya for sharing that one, Im sure it will be useful info to other brewers across the top end and into the Kimberly...Im now in Geelong but used to live in Darwin and Broome and freight can be a real killer! Always good to have a few options available!

I managed a transport company in Broome for 12 years so know exactly what your talking about with freight costs...

Back