Greetings from SE Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCHammo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I stumbled across this site purely by accident yesterday. And it seems I'm hooked already.

My brewing story started about a year ago, looking for a traditional ginger beer recipe. After much searching, I was still coming up short, so I decided to make up my own recipe from scratch, drawing inspiration from a few decent looking recipes. I've been fine tuning that ever since. In fact, the recipe I've got now closely resembles Chappo's From Scratch Ginger Beer in ingredients and procedure. Pretty neat that that it's evolved that way independently a few times. In the future, I'll be looking at making a few different beers and dry English ciders, always sticking to my "from scratch" approach - or as close as I can get.

I also enjoy working with computers, electronics and robotics. So don't be too surprised when I start (err... continue) trying to bring two of my favourite field together. The dream is to design and build a fully automatic nano brewery. One day. Maybe. We can all dream. One more entry in the "cool projects I want to build" list.

Cheers, hope to see you all around some time.
Hammo.

Welcome Hammo...

MCHammo said:
The dream is to design and build a fully automatic nano brewery. One day. Maybe. We can all dream. One more entry in the "cool projects I want to build" list.
:lol: Join the queue!

Sorry I don't mean to dishearten you, but there's already been two guys on here attempt to go down that path. After thousands of dollars spent neither of them ended up with a fully automatic nano brewery.

Thread # 1 http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/41265-fully-automated-brewing-system-design/
Thread #2 http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/16391-brew-rig-options/

You'd be better off just building a tried and tested 3v HERMS or RIMS or even a Braumeister knock-off and settle on that.

Cheers phoney!.

Don't worry, the nano plan is a fair way off yet. I've got a few friends keen to work on a project like this. We're all from robotics/software/engineering backgrounds, and I've got a bit of CAD and fabrication experience on top of that so it's a start. I want to finish my CNC mill first before starting another major project. We're also currently working on an automated fermenter data acquisition system. Tried a few different methods of automatically reading and storing SG measurements (yes, that way madness lies. I know.) and are quite close to a solution. I find these things are easily tackled if you break the project into small achievable parts.

And who says creating a working nano is the point of the project in the first place? ;) I enjoy my robotics, and I need a project to work on. And I dare say I can cut a fortune off that price tag by designing all my own electronic systems. Still won't be cheap, though. Costs always find a way of blowing out. Ahh well, here's to the future! :beer:

Latest posts

Back