Greek pale ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogpearse

Reaction score
View attachment 96601

Howdy gents.
Yesterday me and the misso celebrated our wedding anniversary, so in good form I took her out to the press club in Melbourne for lunch. Some famous wog cook owns it. Anyway, I ordered a beer that was called a Greek pale ale. It made me question my knowledge of beers and got me interested in trying it. Anyway, not sure if I was so excited about getting lucky later on, or if it was genuinely good, but I swear it was one of the nicest drops I've ever set my lips to!
Upon further investigation it appears to be made exclusively for the Press Club by Hargreaves Hill Brewing Company.
It has pilsner malt, with oats and wheat. Then 11 herbs and spices that traditionally go into a Greek bread. Still don't know if they're added at the boil or ferment. Anyway, have any of you fine people sampled said beer? If so, any advice on a recipe? I'm a real amateur at making beer but I've gotta work this one out!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1492078880.601821.jpg

Can't help but I remember Press Club having an extensive and impressive beer list while vue de monde had about 5 and most were readily available pale lagers.

Before anyone comments on my fancy eating habits, I went into each restaurant exactly once - vue de monde to be shouted lunch by my brother for a birthday and press club for their $10 takeaway souvlaki with workmates.

Latest posts

Back