Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrainStain

Reaction score
I want to purchase my first grain mill, but I am torn between buying locally, or from the US.

I am sure this has been posted and discussed many times but I cant find much info.

I am looking at 2 roller systems such as the Millmaster and Monster Mill as well as even fancier 3 roller systems.

Would appreciate opinions on what has worked best for you as well as price.

Cheers

The Aussie dollar is doing tops at the moment ;)

I have a MM2 I bought from the states about 9 months or so ago. i am more than happy with it, it does everything I ask of it. I think most brewers probably feel the same about their mill. IMHO I think if you know your budget and buy accordingly you'll be happy with what you get. a lot of guys seem to have various makes and models and most seem to be happy with their purchase. I guess if you do a bit of research and figure out what you think you want and match that to your budget you'll come out in front, thats all I did and at this point in time I have no reason to want to change/upgrade.

cheers
bah

IMO they're all solidly built and will last for a brewing lifetime. There are a few differences though I'm not sure if they really make a practical impact on your grain. The only feature I reckon you really need is the eccentric adjuster so you can chance the mill gap on the fly.

The mashmaster mills are geared, whereas the crankandstein/monstermill are grain engaged on the non driven roller. The mashmaster comes with a solid frame, and the others rely on being bolted to a baseplate.

They all have crank handles available, but the monster/crank also have a baseplate+hopper setup available. Monster is the only one that can come in 2" diameter roller flavour.

Not sure what positive effect you get from a 3 roller mill TBH. And thats all I can think of atm.

[edit] oh and the mashmaster comes with SS rollers by default, whereas with the others its an optional extra.

Back