Grain In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently using the powells malt and have been reasonably impressed.

I must say the German stuff was really good.

Cheers,

Andrew

warrenlw63 said:
Nup,

I don't bulk buy. Price is good enough from G&G for my given my useage. :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="78239"][/post]​

4.50 a kg for Marris Otter!! I hope you get mates rates warren :blink:

Ross,

For the amount of times I use it it's not so bad. Could probably be had cheaper for sure, however I've got no complaints. Bit of a believer in supporting the LHBS. :beerbang:

Once I get a mill I may buy it from G&G by the bag. That will save a few bucks. :beerbang:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Ross,

For the amount of times I use it it's not so bad. Could probably be had cheaper for sure, however I've got no complaints. Bit of a believer in supporting the LHBS. :beerbang:

Once I get a mill I may buy it from G&G by the bag. That will save a few bucks. :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="78243"][/post]​

The most I pay up here is $2.80 kg cracked for any grain (mates rates). So maybe I don't have it too hard up here, in all this sunshine :D

cheers Ross

:( enough off your cheap grain stories.
it costs and arm and a leg to get it sent to me up in my neck of the woods.any wonder im driven to drink.

:beer:
big d

Ross said:
warrenlw63 said:
Ross,

Warren -
[post="78243"][/post]​

The most I pay up here is $2.80 kg cracked for any grain (mates rates). So maybe I don't have it too hard up here, in all this sunshine :D

cheers Ross
[post="78245"][/post]​

That is a good price Ross. Feel like couriering some down to Melbourne for some thirsty brewers?

big d said:
it costs and arm and a leg to get it sent to me up in my neck of the woods.any wonder im driven to drink.

big d
[post="78246"][/post]​

I feel your pain mate.

big d said:

big d
[post="78246"][/post]​

Sorry Big D.... Have a beer :chug: ...

Ode to the Southern State Lad

'Centre of Universe, he claims in his tune,
But perhaps he has spoken too soon,
For he traded his brain
For a alf bag o grain
And now he just howls at the moon.

:p

slightly off topic but have to reply agraham at least the cup aint goin to no vic team this year (nyah nyah), warrenlw63 here in port lincoln if we want a swim we have too leave town because of the bloody big hungry fish in the bay! <_<

When mentioning the great sites of Adelaide you forgot to mention the centre piece of their biggest Mall, It's called Malls Balls and i'm not joking!!!

being ex sa im still trying to work out the celebs in the pic.?
maybe ive been away from the mother state for too long.like about 24 years :blink:
has it degenerated that far?
mullets still in fashion

cheers
big d

big d said:
mullets still in fashion

cheers
big d
[post="78326"][/post]​

Errrrr, yep! :p

He looks strikingly like Steven Kernahan. :p

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
He looks strikingly like Steven Kernahan. :p

Warren -
[post="78338"][/post]​

Nah.
Too short for Sticks.
Did Brett Ratten ever have a mullet?
I think we're narrowing it down. Probably a Carlton footballer. Oh how the mighty have fallen. From Toorak palaces and champagne to caravans and shotgun weddings.
Ha Ha.

A story 'bout Adelaide lad,
Thought he would try start a fad
he once was a fool,
but now he's a tool,
sporting a mullet like Dad

Borret said:
A story 'bout Adelaide lad,
Thought he would try start a fad
he once was a fool,
but now he's a tool,
sporting a mullet like Dad
[post="78356"][/post]​

That's well done Borret :)

Now as any creative person is fully aware, to write meaningful heartfelt prose [as yours is] it must come from direct personal experience.

The above is so good :) you obviously sat in front of a mirror as you wrote it :)

Time for another Fat Tire.

Steve

Back