Grafton Brewery Bottle.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincoln2

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you chaps from around the Jacaranda City collect memorobeerlia, but I found this in my collection the other day. From my very brief research, the brewery was bought out by Tooheys around 1964 so this bottle likely predates the takeover.

She's showing her age a bit but I've used it a few times and it's still functional.

You can see the "GRAFTON" on the shoulder of the bottle (twice - opposite each other) and the text at the foot reads "This bottle remains the property of the Grafton Brewing Company". (Gosh, does this means that my assumed ownership of the bottle contravenes the law?) There's also a manufacturer's mark/code on the bottom.

If you've got a bar with a bottle collection on the shelf or you just like to dabble in a bit of local history, let me know; it's free to a good home.

Alternatively, they may be as common as muck down your way. I've yet to come across a bootle from the old Lismore Brewery.

060.JPG

056.JPG

mate hang onto it
I reckon they would be like rocking horse shit!
that would be a very old bottle in grafton brewery terms
cheers
ken

Nah not really Gabba. There is a few about, I think Roches even has a couple on display, or they used to, they have downsized there collection some what. Older guys around the Valley have them sitting in their sheds here and there also. I wouldn't mind it for my bar, im a bit of a Grafton nut, but havnt inherited one yet.

Well done for not chucking it out anyway Linc.

They did have bottles and a shitload more cans.

Or I drink to much.

But seriously, im sure they did.

I have a few Lismore brewery bottles kicking around somewhere
I'll have to dig them out

shaunous said:
They did have bottles and a shitload more cans.

Or I drink to much.

But seriously, im sure they did.
Thats pretty much the collection.

And its still awsome regardless

Back