Good bye little blue piston thing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of those spring loaded blue things for years until I dropped the little valve bit down the drain.

I then got one of those all white ones (like the Brigalow jobs) and realised how much quicker they fill the bottles. Lots quicker.

I found the head of the white brigalow ones can sometimes pop off mid bottle fill, I do use a bit of tube between the tap and bottle filler so that might me more banging it around. I bought one of the blue jobs at my last visit to the LHBS to compare but I have since moved to kegging so less bottles will be filled in the future.

crowmanz said:
I found the head of the white brigalow ones can sometimes pop off mid bottle fill, I do use a bit of tube between the tap and bottle filler so that might me more banging it around.
After cleaning you have to push the parts together really well.

superstock said:
After cleaning you have to push the parts together really well.
I would push them together as tight as it would go, would always work itself loose.

I lost about 100mL in my last batch from the white bit dropping off. Silly PITA.

Back