Gone Ag, What To Do With Those Leftover Kits?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kram

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Got my first incarnation of the (mega budget) AG setup completed, but ran into a problem just before the boil. How do I raise the kettle to drain to my fermenter?

I realised I had three kits laying around, and bam, it created the needed tier.

Did a Hobgoblin clone last night and Wiezguy's Schneider Weisse-style tonight.

kettle.jpg

Scored the kettle on ebay for $20 and added a cord for $10.

Got my first incarnation of the (mega budget) AG setup completed, but ran into a problem just before the boil. How do I raise the kettle to drain to my fermenter?

I realised I had three kits laying around, and bam, it created the needed tier.

Did a Hobgoblin clone last night and Wiezguy's Schneider Weisse-style tonight.

kettle.jpg

Scored the kettle on ebay for $20 and added a cord for $10.
I still have the two kits of goo from when I first started brewing, one is the coopers draught that came with the kit and the second is a tooheys draught that came when I bought another fermenter. Both have done stellar duties in the brewhouse as they are the perfect size to prop up the bottom shelf of my small fermenting fridge :lol:

when i went to all grain i conned my mate into getting a brew kit. I told hime i had a few tins and some sugar so he wouldnt need to buy ingredients he went ahead and bought one last year for xmas (14months ago) hes done 1 brew lol.

He says its to much effort :lol: Hed rather sit on his ass and drink tooheys new all day instead of brewing and sampling the finest . Some people just dont get it :D

I gave the rest of the tins to a guy who installed a windscreen on my car, i was brewing when he turned up and he said he was a brewer so i just offloaded em to him.

Another thing you could do with the tins when you empty them is drill 2 holes in the bottom and put some rope through and make stiltz for the kiddies :) My old man used to do that for me.

And if and when you start kegging you can nail some bottle caps to a lump of wood so the kiddies can make music with them lol.

cheers

sorry if i went off topic im sampling a filtered wheat beer with my new filter and i gotta make sure each follow up beer is still clear :lol:

Latest posts

Back