Gold Coast Amateur Brewing Competition 2018

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elronalds

Reaction score
The Gold Coast Amateur Brewing Competition is on again this year and it's bigger than ever. Register your beers at https://www.gcabc.com.au/ and get a chance to brew a collab. beer with Black Hops. Cheers to all the sponsors helping out this year!

GCABC-Flyer-2018.jpg

Is the captcha on the registration page working at the moment? I just tried it on a couple of browsers with no luck.

Is this open to extract brewers or just all grain?? Are there any drop off locations in or closer to Brisbane?

I will be posting some entries from Darwin, but can only find info from last year's competition.
I tried to send an email via the contact tab on the website, but the captcha is not working.
Basically all I'm chasing is the postal address and timeline.
Thanks
Darryl

Is this open to extract brewers or just all grain?? Are there any drop off locations in or closer to Brisbane?

Doesn't need to be all-grain. Kits are fine. All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).

I will be posting some entries from Darwin, but can only find info from last year's competition.
I tried to send an email via the contact tab on the website, but the captcha is not working.
Basically all I'm chasing is the postal address and timeline.
Thanks
Darryl

I just tried the captcha and contact form at https://gcabc.com.au/contact and it worked. What error do you receive? You can send postal entries to the Burleigh Brewing warehouse (we had a few guys do this last year without issues). I'll need to double check some details on that though. Stay tuned.

I just tried the captcha and contact form at https://gcabc.com.au/contact and it worked. What error do you receive? You can send postal entries to the Burleigh Brewing warehouse (we had a few guys do this last year without issues). I'll need to double check some details on that though. Stay tuned.
I can't remember the error, tried it on the phone and the computer.
Basically went through about 4-5 times of the pictures only to then get the error.
I will just post to Burleigh Brewing once you confirm.
Thanks

I can't remember the error, tried it on the phone and the computer.
Basically went through about 4-5 times of the pictures only to then get the error.
I will just post to Burleigh Brewing once you confirm.
Thanks

PM me your email address and I'll reply with additional details.

Be keen to have a crack, only been doing kits and bits. But be cool to meet some other brewers and learn how to brew better beer

Be keen to have a crack, only been doing kits and bits. But be cool to meet some other brewers and learn how to brew better beer

Come along to the Gold Club meetings. Tomorrow night we have a meeting on, starts at 6PM at Burleigh Brewing. We hold meetings the second Wednesday of each month. Bring some beer along and the fellas will help you out with feedback.

@elronalds - did you find out more re posting of entries?

Thanks
Daz

Yes, you can ship your entries to the Burleigh Brewing warehouse address but the package must arrive Monday 21st May - Friday 25th May 2018. You need to PM me your tracking number for any shipped entries. Entries need to be cleared marked for the GCABC and should have a note on them to be stored in the cold rooms.

For anyone wanting to ship entries, PM me for the shipping address..

I have been unable to register today. I also tried on Wednesday.

I get this on submitting the registration form:
upload_2018-4-20_13-49-38.png

I have been unable to register today. I also tried on Wednesday.

I get this on submitting the registration form:
View attachment 112300
I have also been trying to register for a few days, using a variety of browsers the same issue occurs. The 502 error often occurs when a service on the web server is down or misconfigured.

I have also been trying to register for a few days, using a variety of browsers the same issue occurs. The 502 error often occurs when a service on the web server is down or misconfigured.

Sorry, it looks like there was more than one problem on the server. Can you please try again and let me know if it works okay?

Yes it appears to be working now. Also Hoppy Days wasn't appearing as a drop-off location until today - that's much more convenient for me :)

Yes it appears to be working now. Also Hoppy Days wasn't appearing as a drop-off location until today - that's much more convenient for me :)

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know it's working for you. Yeah, I only confirmed Hoppy Days as a drop off location last week and updated the site today for that drop-off (note that the Hoppy Days drop off location will be closing earlier than the other locations).

Latest posts

Back