Goddesses Of Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife's in Barleys Angels and from what she says it seems to be doing a pretty good job of reaching out to potential new female beer enthusiasts as well as entertaining the ones that are out there already.

Victoria is lucky to have a stack of really talented brewers - the fact that such a high percentage of the really good ones happen to be women has to be a great thing for the balance and reach of the industry.

Top work to Sam and Jayne and Kirrily et al with Pink Boots and Barleys Angels - the beer scene down here is just getting amazingly good.

Saw the article yesterday.

I'm always excited to see good/craft beer get a mention in papers and usually a bit disappointed by the effort made (by the writer/editor I mean).

Nonetheless, it's good to see beer promoted as a diverse drink with widespread appeal and it's good to see it pushed/promoted as not purely a bloke's drink.

It's also great to see beer that is marketted to non typical beer drinking/female/whatever audiences through means other than packaging or dumbing it down with lime, sweetness or shit labels.

True South have been doing that since day 1 as have many of the others. I hope to see an end to the crap marketting of crap chick beer (like that pink labelled lo carb whatsit someone posted about recently) in favour of a push for good beer that appeals to anyone with a palate and/or a willingness to give something a crack.

It's all about tasty beer and smart people drinking tasty beer. Some of those people are female and some of them brew. Should be more of it and really, there could never be enough of it.

I'd seriously love it if my missus brewed.

As it stands, she's starting to stretch her palate - APA ("fruity beer"), Weibier ("Bavarian Beer Cafe beer") are now requested, rather than soley a nuisance that stinks out the house (though that complaint is still in vogue).

I think manticle hit the nail on the head. Less condascension, less stupid marketing (bloke or bird oriented) and more about the flavour and diversity of this great drink. And who cares what's between your legs - if you can brew, go for it. If you want to drink good beer, go for it.

Goomba

Gee I'm lucky if my missus will even taste my beer, and if she does the professional critique is
"tastes like beer.. " can you taste any passionfruit and citrus? "tastes like beer.."

Only thing she had somewhat of an interest in was when I made a batch of cider she liked, but even then I couldn't convince her to help me make the next batch.

Gee Im lucky then, my missus loves trying new beers. We will often go to Majestic Cellars in Mt Eliza and spend ages perusing over their huge range and pick out 4 different beers to try between us and take them home and enjoy them together.

BTW Majestic Cellars has an awesome range of craft and micro beers. They stock the Coldstream Brewery range in 750ml bottles and also stock the new Grand Ridge American red Ale Mirboo Madness.

If you head down the Peninsular for the day call in on your way back its well worth it.

Mrs Spork hates the taste of beer, bourbon, and red wine. I'm one lucky man! :)

Yeah for beer bitches ! :icon_chickcheers:

lol my misses drinks like twice a year and can only drink vodka so its good in a way but it would be good to have some one that will try my beers. Every one I know goes is it VB?? Oh then I will be right lol.

Well the guy next door dont mind them and a mate that lives at sydney drinks it. Oh and my dad but he is in qld lol but I guess more for me :p well my misses cousin drains alot if he comes over luckly thats not often and I think its coz its free not so much he likes it haha

Latest posts

Back