Glass Hopped Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

WSB
Reaction score
We were driving through Slovenia from Saksida Winery near Dornberk to Lake Bled when I stopped for a lookout break. Growing wild at the lookout was a hops vine. I decided to pick a few cones for later on.

Here's what they looked like... P9080750___Copy.JPG

And in the glass... P9090762___Copy.JPG

They were fresh wet hops so a little grassy but also quite floral. It was definitely an experience at least. And tasty enough to save the hops and do a second night in a row :beerbang:

Forget real ale twats, bring on hop heads, sneaking little bags of fresh hops into pubs to drop into their beers!!!

Very nice work there Josh!

Cheers SJ

You should have smuggled a rhizome of it back into Oz! :ph34r:

(NB - not encouraging that kind of thing though... re quarantine)

Good work Josh.
Any Styrian Golding beers about?
Not quite sure. My Slovenian isn't up to scratch so I can't translate the cans and bottles. Not that I've been looking. Doing too much other cool stuff to be looking for great beer right now. We went through Postojma Caves yesterday which was pretty impressive. Had never heard of them until a week ago.

Heading to Salzburg today and I have it on good authority the Augustiner Beer Garden is worth checking out. So hopefully the beer takes a more forward seat for the next few weeks... Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Pilzen, Munich, ?, Brussels.

Heading to Salzburg today and I have it on good authority the Augustiner Beer Garden is worth checking out. So hopefully the beer takes a more forward seat for the next few weeks... Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Pilzen, Munich, ?, Brussels.
A good beer in Prague is at U Parliamentu, on the corner of Valentinska and Kaprova, over the road from our daughter's apartment. The food and beer is good and not a ripoff. Keep away from the Irish and Pommie bars. You will have a good time and talk english, but the beer is 3X the cost. If you go to U Medvidku at Perstyne 7 you walk thru cellars converted to dining and will come to a tiny open ferment brewery that makes only one beer--worth a try.
Cheers

Back