A truly sad day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypes

It is, a nice!
Reaction score
After purchasing some POR rhizomes in June/July this year I was delighted to see the first shoot break through the soil last weekend.

Although POR is not one of my favourite hops, it was none the less exciting seeing this grow and eventually mature enough to bear cones for my very first utilisation of fresh hops.

Upon returning home on sunday I had seen the father-in-law rummaging around some pots where I had planted my POR, I decided to investigate on what he was actually doing and discovered he had thrown out my 'stick' and in its place were 4 tomato plants - bloody Italians!

Searching elbows deep in 2 two 240L sulo bins, my prized POR was nowhere to be found.

Getting 5000 stickers labelled "Keep away from my brew shit!" ordered from China as I type this.

I feel like the bloke in the Hilux ad when his ute goes over the cliff.......

We had some POR that the chooks dealt with. I feel for your loss, man.

My heart goes out to you, bloody father in laws..... Mine is a right pain, he has taken it upon himself to try out my home brew, to the point of drinking a bottle that was only 2 days in the bloody bottle. Then remarking that it was fine and he might have a crack at another one.

To make matters worse, I only brew because I really only drink hearty ales, that for some reason cost way more at the bottle shop. And he comes and crowds the fridge out with XXXX, which he doesn't start drinking till he has cleaned me out.

I guess in his day, home brew was less interesting. And he has watched me brew, and bottle... Which from the observers point of view looks pretty simple. So he doesn't see it as robbing me of much :(

So maybe he is saving his XXXX for a real drink, after he has helped me get rid of the cheap and nasty home brew ?

I live with the inlaws it isnt all bad. I sometimes convince the Mother in law that she should buy the father in law a case of something nice like sierra nevada so that I can drink his beers for once!

He's only a short *******, not much meat on them bones

I'm just wondering if it would be considered illegal connecting a 3-phase power electric guard around your next hop plant pot. Hmmm.

Every time your FIL asks for a beer just pass him a tomato.
Hopefully he learns quick not to mess with another man's garden, let alone brewing gear.
If he's Italian he should appreciate vendettas have been started for less.

If your POR were to grow like mine, they'd be taking up pot space. They've done SFA since they sprouted. He might have done you a favour.

Yob said:
You want me to dig up a bit jaypes?
If you can spare it mate, happy to offer a short FIL, HB, some tomatos or some coin

Haven't I missed the planting season?

Every time I give one of my brews to the FIL he looks at me, pauses and smacks his lips, then says ahhh very matilda bay.

Not sure if he'd tried matilda bay lately but if so I'd be inclined to take offence.

yes its a green waste bin

got emptied this morning

I feel your pain man. My Chinook 'zomes got "Chooked" and the lone survivor got "weeded" and the finally stomped on by an unthinking individual.

My EKG on the other hand is going mental.

Back