Germany's Wacken Metal Festival & the 7km Beer Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
I'm guessing many have seen it already.. but http://mashable.com/2017/05/25/metal-heads-beer-pipeline-germany-festival/

"Organisers found out that the 75,000 metal fans who attend the event each year consume an average of 5.1 litres per person over the three day festival..."
"...The pipeline, buried 80cm beneath the ground to keep the beer cold, will solve logistics problems of tracks going back and forth, ruining the festival ground"

The Germans found a legitimate reason for building a seven kilometre beer line. I'd imagine there isn't a beer line calculator available to determine what pressure they should've set to get the right pour :lol:
(I'm sure they regulate the pressure at the tap, nobody needs to point that out)

iam thinking cordless drill, barbed fitting and stein and a nice location along the pipeline :)

Yeah I was just telling the missus about it. With Soundwave gone, we must satisfy our metal needs overseas

Thought this was going to be about a 7km line up for a mid strength beer at a festival... but then saw it was Germany and not here

Oh, splendid news!
We cant wait for some beer, and some ******* djent!! GRRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

2a1781c6cf6bdf333ca131291240ed76.jpg

Latest posts

Back