George Best (1946-2005)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillamacgilla73

Reaction score
Man U & Irish great George Best past away earlier today so I'm lifting a glass to bid him fairwell. Often better known for liking a tipple, George was a champion soccer/football player who could play a blinder sometimes even after a blinder. RIP.

This guy was like James Bond, who decided to play soccer instead of being a spy. Totally outrageous, but still managed to pull it off.

RIP, you've been a brilliant bad example to us all.

He was the Alex Higgins (snooker) of the football world - An absolute genius on the field - R.I.P. George :beer:

In his time he was simply the Best and a pleasure to watch.
His after hours activities were a shining example to us all. A fullfilled life
Good on ya George

Being originally from Manchester i know the enormaty of what George Best was. He was arguably the greatest player to have ever played the game and he only played for 11 years retiring at age 27 the peak for a soccer player. He lived life fast and once said "I spent 90% of my money on gambling, women, booze and fast cars the rest i just squandered" God Bless Bestie R.I.P

GEORGE BEST.

well his name is a legend and his antics were paromount to his carrer and life I i was a famous as him i would have lived the same way.
if the socceroos played george on his own they would loose buy 2 goals thats how good he was he was a player not just a fancy footworker like many of the new soccar jugglers of today.

Rest in peace SIR GEORGE you are the true saint of all things great

Flag at half mast and a minutes silence will be held at midday :beer:
at our bar

delboy

and he also squandered a liver that someone else could have used for 30 years!

S'pose old habits die hard

tdh

I saw Best playing for Man United against Northampton ,I was not interested in Soccer I played Union but I had a couple of tickets I was hoping to sell, could not give them away :( so went in to watch it rained :angry: and when Northampton lost 7 nil I think was the score I went home ,It was a been there done that scenario never been to a Soccer match again. :huh: I watched the Socceroos against Uraguay,fell asleep half time :blink:

Pumpy

yeh pumpy "i find most sports boaring to watch" i would rather play them for fun.

but then again too busy making beer and when i want to veg out i would rather listen to pink floyde and dire straights! :p

delboy :beer:

RIP George.

You will always be remembered as one of the greatest ever footballer's.

Salute.

pumpy sounds like you would fall asleep watching your beer glass being poured,

fergi

Latest posts

Back