G'Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeRider

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

About to attempt to join this wonderful community of beer brewing enthusiasts.

I will be picking up a 30L Copper Tun kit this afternoon from my local brew supply shop and giving it a whirl.
It has been a hard week but I have persevered and 'collected' 30 tallies so far. :chug:

Anyway, if there are any last minute suggestions on starter kit choices I am all ears. I scoped this one, and the Big W range, and some other stuff out of my price range but I like supporting independent shops over Big W.

Anyway, bye for now, I am sure I will have the usual novice questions that everyone has. I will endevour to use the search feature before making a tard of myself.

Cheers :D
SR

Welcome SR,

Plenty of brewers in Bris-vegas (I myself was one of them). There is also BABBs (Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers), which is a club on the southside.

Not sure about the kit you've suggested. I applaud your wanting to support the little guy though.

The one major thing will be - if the instructions say 'ferment at 25 to 30 degrees', ignore it. It's a pile of crap and will render a perfectly reasonable beer a considerable amount worse than it need be. Unless it's a saison.

Ideal Ale brewing temps are 16-20 degrees and lagers well below that. In Brissie, that means in summer, some sort of temperature control is mandatory. (But the upside is, winter is the perfect time for brewing in Brissie).

Do lots of research, ask questions and get brewing.

Latest posts

Back