Gday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriso05

Reaction score
Gday fellas new to brewing and all that im sure I will be asking a lot of questions shortly some im sure you will have been asked a thousand times before, ill try look up most in the search thingy. Anyways thought id pop the cherry and say hello! Chriso from Canberra.

welcome mate, no dramas asking a question if you've searched and havent found. I've often found google is a better search than the website, just type ahb with what ever you search and see what happens.
enjoy
cheers

Hi, My advice, mostly its pretty basic and enjoyable. keep the gear clean but no need to get anal about it. Use a bit of dry malt and dex rather than sugar (see Ians spreadsheet Re quantities for your desired alc cont) and play around with hops ie put about 20 or so grams in your brew at the start. Ive beeen brewing for about 2 years now mostly with dry malt and cooking up hops. lately Ive been a bit time limited and have resorted to using a tin of goo, malt, dex and corn syrup and dry hopping. The result is still better than what I can pay $ 50 plus for a carton. Temperature control during fermentation is a biggie around 18 - 20 c is good. Start with the goo yeast its not too bad at these temps but you will notice a difference with quality yeast (eg SF 04), but I still use the goo yeast if thats all I have comre brew day. Most of all enjoy and experiment and refer to this forum to learn as you go.

Interesting that you quote S04 as a quality yeast.. I'll use that yeast again when hell freezes over.

What beers you into Chrisso? I imagine ACT being very easy to Brew lagers at the moment.

Yob

Latest posts

Back