G'day from Hobart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking this forum for a number of years and figured its about time I contributed something. I brew all-grain in a 20l braumeister system and keg everything. Rarely brew the same recipe twice as there are too many things to try!

Currently fermenting an Idaho #7 single hop APA and a Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin clone. Next brew will be a doppelbock. Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning new tricks.

Cheers,
Osty.

Welcome Osty, how good is a BM? Hobart would nearly have to have the best climate for making beers I reckon. Nice cool temps. Have fun mate.

welcome mate good to have another taswegian on board , just kegged a hobgoblin clone myself

Cheers lads. Yeah the BM is dope! One gripe is the ~6kg grain limit though, 15l double IPA batches isn't exactly ideal.

Live and work in Sandy Bay.

I'm out in Glenorchy, work in Moonah & Berriedale.

For a small island at the arse end of an island at the arse end of the world, we do alright in terms of breweries. Unfortunately nothing good just near me so good thing I brew.

There's a brewclub that meet at New Sydney, 3rd wednesday of the month, if you didn't already know.

Cheers

Yeah Hobart isn't too shabby. Thanks for the brewclub info, had no idea. Am a regular at New Sydney HOPS nights though.

Hi Osty,

From Tassie here also. Grew up around Hobart and work all around Hobart as a painter these days. Nice to see fellow Tasweigians here mate! Just a thought..... If you are ever out and about grab yourself a beer at the Hobart Brewing Company down on Macquarie Point. St. Christopher Cream Ale is a ripping beer!!! I am not affiliated with them in any way, I just love that particular beer. Cheers :)

Thanks Sheebz, will check it out.

I see myself spending a fair bit of time at Hobart Brewing Co this summer. The beer garden and food van setup they have is brilliant.

Latest posts

Back