Gas Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Having now calculated & balanced my keg system I am looking at hooking up a gas supply to my keg fridges on a semi/permanent basis & was wondering how others go about it. I have 2 370 litre fridge freezers that hold 3 19L & 1 11L kegs each. The options I see are:
1. splitting my gas line from my gas bottle into 2 lines, 1 to allow me to force carbonate the other then splitting into a series of tees/John Guest fitiings, until I finally have 4 gas lines per fridge.
2. As above but the gas lines from the gas bottle connecting to a gas manifold.
3. Placing a soda stream bottle & regulator in each fridge that feeds in to either a manifold or uses a series of tees/John Guest fittings connected to the gas lines in the 4 kegs in each fridge.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

if I was starting over again, I would definitely go with the gas manifold. That way you can individually turn off and on gas to individual kegs as needed and provide varying pressures depending on carbonation requirements for individual styles.

Cheers - Steve

if i read your post right you want to supply gas to 4 kegs. the 4 kegs are located in 2 differant fridges. yes?

if so.
gas line to manifold. then the 4 individual gas lines from the manifold can go anywhere you like. simple/. the manifold doesnt have to inside the fridge it can be outside.

if your wanting dfifferant pressures then you need a duel pressure reg.

edit: see this pic gas line from reg is on the right. comes into a 6 line manifold, then the 6 lines go to my kegs. now the manifold is mounted inside my chestfreezer but if I had 2 fridges like yours i'd just mount the manifold outside and run the lines into the fridges

Thanks Snow & CM2, I have 2 fridges that hold 4 kegs each so 8 in total.

Paul,

if I was starting over again, I would definitely go with the gas manifold. That way you can individually turn off and on gas to individual kegs as needed and provide varying pressures depending on carbonation requirements for individual styles.

Cheers - Steve

Same here, in fact I've made it my next 'luxury' homebrew purchase plan...
Having the splits and JG fitting is nice and all but I'd really like to be able to turn it on and off easier...

well you can extend the manifolds to accomadate as many lines as you want. well maybe not as many as you want but certainly 8. speak with one of the retailers for a solution.

I'd go manifold (I did) much simplier and easy to turn on and off. which i seem to do suprisingly often.

Back